The link to my book - Destroy and Deliver (Autobiography)

Tuesday 7 December 2010

Bethlehem

(Matthew 2:1) “Now when Jesus was born in Bethlehem…”

This is my first post away from the comforts of my own home. I am in Bethlehem, a town that carries the same name as the town that had so many good beginnings for others in biblical times. Jesus was born in Bethlehem, although we are never taught to remember His birth in God’s canon, which is a tradition that crept in somewhere in history along this ongoing spiritual battle, as Satan endeavors relentlessly to discredit Christ’s work on Calvary. How you may ask? What on earth does father christmas have to do with the birth of Christ, get the picture! If we go back to the origin of this Christmas celebration it originated from pagan religion. However, our Saviour’s work is finished and it will accomplish what it has set out to achieve, I am grateful for this truth. Naomi and Ruth found a good new beginning in Bethlehem and David also had part to play in that town; (John 7:42) Hath not the scripture said that the Christ cometh of the seed of David, and from Bethlehem, the village where David was?

I was drawn to start my trip with Bethlehem as a starting point; I also hope it may have good beginnings for me. I do not want to enter into the realm of superstition but am hopeful to come away from my travelling rest, well nourished in Christ.

Consider the account of Ruth, here was a desperate situation and such faithfulness shown by her to her mother-in-law Naomi, that it does not surprise me when I see examples like this that God has chosen the foolish things of this world to confined the wise. (1Corinthians 1:20) “Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? Hath not God made foolish the wisdom of the world?”

When we look to examples like we find in the book of Ruth it is very encouraging to know that we have a God who will never forsake His children, He only wants what is best for us. We must trust and obey; it can get rather tiring at times along this sand beaten road toward the Celestial City, but the road has be travel and defeated, Christ has conquered! Think of a runner running a marathon, whilst in the race and on the road with the end in sight he plods along with one intention and that is to finish. This race will eventually end; there will come a day when we will no longer have to fight temptation and the wickedness of sin. A day, when we will finally look into our Saviour’s eyes, and what a date that will be! Even so with that thought fresh in my mind, even so, come quickly my King. However while there is still hope for others let us remember to share our hope with them, never thinking that a person will not respond, God is ever gracious and full of mercy and it is now the time where His mercy is available to the whosoever. His judgment has not yet arrived! So tell others about this glorious Saviour of ours, it may just be the day that God chooses to open someone’s eyes. Be merciful Father I pray and bring me across the path of whoever you wish me to speak to about the amazing accomplishments of your Son, my Saviour, Jesus Christ the Lord.

Bethlehem is also a town teething with bird life; however the ring is somewhat different with a rooster claiming dominance.

Signing off

Tyrone

No comments: