The link to my book - Destroy and Deliver (Autobiography)

Saturday 18 December 2010

God Totally Satisfied

“It is enough; now stay thy hand.”

I am fascinated by the heart of God; there is a side to Him that is so soft and gentle, that it does not seem possible! He is the only true God with all the power in the universe and the ability to wield it as and when He chooses and He still find it in His heart to say “it is enough!” Perfectly and righteously within His character to continue with His ruling and yet He says “enough”, and commands the angel to stay his hand. I hope you see this side to a God of great mercies and how full of grace He is and a God who always seem to want to be merciful even in judgment. He seems to always be looking for someone to bless, when I consider this attribute to God I am left totally gob smacked! What an act from our beloved Saviour who accomplished everything for us (every believer) on Calvary. It is obvious why the Lord instituted the ordinance of “the breaking of bread” and how we are to partake of that ordinance as often as we would remember His death. Our great heavenly Father now willingly invites us to come to Him with boldness as a son, because of His Son; He finally is able to be merciful because of His Sons obedience. I hope you have seen the magnitude of what this actually means. How grateful I am and yet I look back and not so long ago and I hang my head in shame. How you loving woe your children to find an obedient walk even if their life has so often spoken with an opposing tone. I do love you so Father as you first loved me, please help me lay down my life and keep your commandments. I do take solace in the fact that I am not alone and the only son you have that at times has not obey your voice, It should not be this way! I confess I err more than most, but I realize even David found that He had to repent and confess his sin not only once but whenever the need did arise. (2Samuel 24:10) “And David's heart smote him after that he had numbered the people. And David said unto Jehovah, I have sinned greatly in that which I have done: but now, O Jehovah, put away, I beseech thee, the iniquity of thy servant; for I have done very foolishly.” Read this chapter and you will see that David understood that God is full of mercy; (2Samuel 24:14) “And David said unto Gad, I am in a great strait: let us fall now into the hand of Jehovah; for his mercies are great; and let me not fall into the hand of man.”

There will and must always be consequences to our sin, yet forgiveness we have because of the Lord Jesus and His own sacrifice. It is far better for us to commit ourselves unto the Lord as He is full of mercy, man and the prince of the power of the air, the devil will only look to squeeze and bleed you, so the sooner we realize this truth the better off we will be. Turn to Jesus and you will find life, in He is the fullness of living. Christ did totally satisfy God’s wrath against sin, once and for all, God now chooses to righteously without any partial judgment be merciful and not ever have to look again to stay His hand in judgment form those who are cover by the blood of the lamb, they have already been judged and punished, not that they received their just punishment, but the Lord Jesus received it on their behalf. How amazing is the love of God! Do you see it, can you catch a glimpse of His mercy. It is no wonder that David pens statements like this; (Psalms 25:6) “Remember, O Jehovah, thy tender mercies and thy lovingkindness; For they have been ever of old.”

Mercy has been part of God’s character always, He has never changed, all that has happened, in the process of time is that He sent His Son to complete His eternal plan making an open declaration of His character and He has and will show to all that He has a heart full of love, as God is love! It is one thing to say something but it can never be question if what is said has been acted upon. Vengeance is mine says the Lord, and a day is coming when every knee will bow and confess Jesus as Lord. Every single soul ever born, will be brought to His knees and acknowledge the Lord Jesus’ sacrifice on Calvary. How wonderful it is for all of us who now have seen a glimpse of the magnitude of what Christ’s act has done for us, by dying, so that we could go free. May this be submerged deep within our hearts I pray as this accomplishment is massive and we so often glibly overlook the enormity of it. May God forgive us as He so often does as He realizes that we all but flesh, a day will soon arrive and we will see our Saviour as He is and we will worship Him in person. How I long for that day, even so come quickly Lord Jesus so that all your sheep may pay you your rightful homage at the marriage feast of the Lamb.

Signing off

Tyrone

2 comments:

Grant said...

He said "enough," and then He became flesh, dwelt among us, suffered, and said "It is finished." God satisfied His own justice, and gives His elect life from it. He has satisfied Himself forever in the infinitely and eternally loving and delightful fellowship of the Trinity, and He has satisfied us with the display of that Glory by giving us the grace of creation and justification.

Tyrone said...

Amen my brother, nice meeting you, I hope it will be the first of many encounters.