The link to my book - Destroy and Deliver (Autobiography)

Thursday 16 December 2010

Come!

(Matthew 11:28) “Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.”

Christians have such a great shepherd, He is tender hearted and willing to carry if need be and he does go after His lost sheep, He is not lazy and slack with His commission of ushering many into the kingdom of God, into the street of Gold. He will accomplish all that the Father has requested from Him. Not only will He accomplish it all, but He will do it without spot or blemish, He will achieve what no one else can, as He is the Good Shepherd.

When I consider the demand of the law and the harshness of the Mosaic Law and all its intricacies I see a lot of doing, and yet I see the gentleness of our Saviour as He says, “Come.” When I look at other religions, even those that proclaim to fly the Christian banner, but they do not! I see a lot of self justification as people blindly endeavor to earn salvation by doing things, and yet Jesus says “Come.”

Do you see what a wonderful Saviour we have, I’ve said it before and I will say it again, it is not only the strong that will survive, praise God for the strong in faith, we need everyone of them, but no matter who you are or where you find yourself in this raging battle of unseen forces at war over your soul, remember that the Lord Jesus has already overcome, it is finished. I realize that it is hard to accept it is finished as we are still breathing and we are subjected to time. But it is over and done with the Lord Jesus declared that very truth before He breathed His last on that cruel tree, He cried clearly and precisely, “it is finished.” When I contemplate this truth a great swelling hope captivates me as I want to run and shout it to all and then I remember that I am in a room with no one around and so I settle and cried thank you to my God and Father for his love toward me in sending His Son to die for me. Even with all the ongoing struggles I face each and every day, I am not driven by a God who demands results from me, he says, “Come.” How I begin like never before to love this place of rest, thank you Jesus for beckoning me to, “Come.”

So wherever you may be this morning; whether you are in a valley or on a mountain top, remember to “Come.” “Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.” May your rest be sweet in Him, Amen!

Signing off

Tyrone

No comments: