The link to my book - Destroy and Deliver (Autobiography)

Thursday 9 December 2010

Patience

How vast are God’s way, they far above our ways, we cannot even begin to at times contemplate His brilliance. Let me not speak for you; let me rather confess that I can’t! What I have in mind this morning; is when we seek God’s face but we seem to get a negative response, hence the word seem! For I do not believe that God can be negative as He is Light and by negative I mean He will never work and allow things to berate out in opposition to His will. We will often need to wait for prayer to be answered.

Jacob did not get the blessing from the angel until near the dawn of day-he had to wrestle all night for it. The poor woman of Syrophenicia was answered not a word for a long while. Paul besought the Lord thrice that “the thorn in the flesh” might be taken from him, and he received no assurance that it should be taken away, but instead thereof a promise that God’s grace should be sufficient for him. If thou hast been knocking at the gate of mercy, and hast received no answer, shall I tell thee why the mighty Maker hath not opened the door and let thee in? Our Father has reasons peculiar to himself for thus keeping us waiting. Sometimes it is to show his power and his sovereignty, that men may know that Jehovah has a right to give or to withhold.” C.H.Spurgeon

We plan and pray but often the opposite seems to happen, that does not mean we are not being heard! Often it is because we are heard that God works with His children to will and do according to His good pleasure which is often contrary to our wills. But we must begin to learn to align our wills with His. This is a process that will continue until He comes to take us home or when we breathe our last. I am now due to unforeseen complications on my touring trip back in Bloemfontein, 270km further back than I was yesterday. Yet through it all with the bike not running and trying to fix it with my limited mechanical knowledge to no avail. I realize that if I had not broken down I would not have found the kindness of a total stranger and his help overnight. I hope that my witness spoke to Him of Christ’s saving grace and who knows where that will lead. My prayer remains the same, to draw every closer to my Saviour along this trip; I am confident this prayer will and is being answered. May the Lord open our eyes so that we may see with understanding. Remember all our prayers are filed in heaven and if not immediately answer they are not forgotten. Let not despair shut our mouths, but may we continue with earnest to offer up supplications to our heavenly Father in and through His Son our Saviour, Jesus Christ the Lord.

Signing off

Tyrone


No comments: