The link to my book - Destroy and Deliver (Autobiography)

Friday 3 December 2010

The Perfect Husband!

(Song of Solomon 4:7) “You are altogether beautiful, my love; there is no flaw in you.”

This is some statement, and hard for my mind to process. Naturally it is foreign to my understanding as I see many flaws when I look in the mirror, but only because I am carnal and sold under sin. The Lord Jesus will present His bride (church) without spot or blemish on that day. So then when I consider this fact and I look at my life what do others conclude? I see that I am constantly at war with my conscience; (Hebrews 9:14) how much more will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without blemish to God, purify our conscience from dead works to serve the living God.”

This is why scripture is of utmost importance as it is a compass for our lives, what we must believe and how we are to think as Christians. We are new creatures in Christ, if the spirit of Christ dwells in us. If this is true we need to use the bible to keep out the confusion and the lies. Even if we think with a different mindset to scripture we must never place feelings or emotions above the truth of scripture. (Romans 3:4) “By no means! Let God be true though everyone were a liar, as it is written, "That you may be justified in your words, and prevail when you are judged."

Look at how Christ views His bride in the Song of Solomon; “You are altogether beautiful, my love; there is no flaw in you.” But there seem to be many, my God! When I look in the mirror I realise that I am miles off Christ’s example, O how I long be to be more like Him! Yet although this is true as I look at my life and the mistakes I have made, and when I look around at others I see similar fruit, but then I am reminded that it is not my sacrifice that God our Father has received. It was never any of our sacrifices that please God and they never will in that sense. He was well please in His beloved Son. (Matthew 17:5) "...This is my beloved Son, with whom I am well pleased; listen to him." Once again we are reminded of Christ perfect work on Calvary, His sacrifice time-honoured by the only true God, His father. I love you Lord Jesus, no matter wherever our minds look to deceive us, by luring us into believing a liar, you are quick through your word to bring understanding. My soul loves it when I see Jesus high and lifted up. Lift Him even higher I pray!

Look at this verse, “You are altogether beautiful, my love; there is no flaw in you.” What? Excuse me; your church is all together lovely! Look at our bridegroom, the Lord Jesus He does not make mention of the flaws in the church, in fact He says there is no flaw in her. What husband is able to overlook his wife’s imperfections, he will possibly accept them by not be able to ignore them. The Lord our great husband, not only accept but He sees no flaw. He does not say He will remove the spots one by one and deal with the blemishes as and when He sees fit to do it. In the law, any animal that had a spot or blemish was unfit for sacrifice; (Leviticus 1:10) “If his gift for a burnt offering is from the flock, from the sheep or goats, he shall bring a male without blemish.” “If he had said there is no hideous scar, no horrible deformity, no deadly ulcer, we might even then have marvelled; but when he testifies that she is free from the slightest spot, all these other forms of defilement are included, and the depth of wonder is increased. If he had but promised to remove all spots by-and-by, we should have had eternal reason for joy; but when he speaks of it as already done, who can restrain the most intense emotions of satisfaction and delight”

What really amazes me is that Christ does not quarrel with His wife, she often wanders from him, and grieves his Holy Spirit, but he does not allow her faults to affect his love. “He sometimes chides, but it is always in the tenderest manner, with the kindest intentions: it is “my love” even then.” How great is our God, how vast His amazing love, my lips can barely start to declare the abundance of His never-ending love. When I look at my husband’s example and then look at mine as a husband, I am left gutted! Yet, there is still hope for me, thank you Jesus. “There is no remembrance of our follies, he does not cherish ill thoughts of us, but he pardons and loves as well after the offence as before it. It is well for us it is so, for if Jesus were as mindful of injuries as we are, how could he commune with us? Many a time a believer will put himself out of humour with the Lord for some slight turn in providence, but our precious Husband knows our silly hearts too well to take any offence at our ill manners.”

It was only Christ sacrifice that the Father accepted. It will never be any other sacrifice, may we never forget this. May this truth drive us to love one another and lay our lives down for each other. God grant us grace for today, so that our lives would speak of our Saviour love, amen.

Signing off

Tyrone

No comments: