The link to my book - Destroy and Deliver (Autobiography)

Wednesday 29 December 2010

Contrite Heart

(Ephesians 4:26) “Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath:”

The Word of God steams with wisdom and yet my life often chooses to reject its acumen, why? Because I am carnal and sold under sin! Yet this must change, I must learn to start using wisdom well and acknowledge her as a sister and receive her input for my life on a daily basis. I must not only look to her when I have erred and fallen short of the glory of God. I must learn to be consistent with the word of God and apply it to my life as a matter of urgency. I must be constantly reminded that I need to present my body to God as a living sacrifice which is only my reasonable service, it is no great accomplishment. In doing that I will learn what is good and acceptable before a holy God. But when my life is void of this truth, then I find sin is at the door and its desire is to take me out. Let us not be fooled if we have received the spirit of God and therefore need to act in accordance to the life giving Spirit. I get so frustrated when I do not walk worthy within the vocation in which I have been called. Often the deception is subtle and at other times obvious, but the purpose of our enemies is to get us to fall into sin, and that can be in countless areas of our life. Wherever we find ourselves and however we have wander away from the truth of God’s life aspiring Word, when the bible has not been our first point of reference, but rather the last, when we have chosen not to call upon the name of the Lord but to rather give in to the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes and the pride of life, it must be said that others may have written you off, you may have even disqualified yourself. You may be a reed bruise by the wind and the trials of life, the flax from your very own candle may be smoking as the flame of life have lost its ability to bring forth light. Be that as it may, God will open His arms to you and say come, a bruised reed He will not break, others will look to disregard any broken reed, they will look for the reeds that have strength and shape but He will say, come, to any that are broken! (Psalm 51:17) “The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: A broken and contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.” The smoking flax of a candle will cause discomfort to those in the same room, it will aggravate their eyes and they will be quick to look to extinguish it, but not our God, He will see the glimmer of hope in the smoke, He will gently blow upon it and kindle it until a flame once again burns bright and clear. (Matthew 12:20) “A bruised reed shall he not break, And smoking flax shall he not quench, Till he send forth judgment unto victory.” This is the heart of our Father, He is long suffering and full of mercy, but He has equipped us for every good work, not everyone is the same, not all will be strong and courageous, I am amongst the weak with many of you, I have many bruises to prove my point, however God does want us all to find strength from Him and walk victoriously in His Son’s achievement. He has given us the Word to be a lamp for our footsteps and His word will give us hope to find victory in Him.

We must learn to not let the sun go down on our wrath. When we ignore this warning the hole we need rescuing from is deep and a horrible place to be. We must learn to keep short account with our heavenly Father and with one another. Father please teach us the importance of this truth, please open our eyes and give us a resolve to confess our sins to you, before the sun sets, help us be astute with one another and also apply this principle amongst one another. Forgive me Father as I am guilty of not consistently applying this truth to my life. May we all learn to become more obedient to the call upon our lives and may we begin to take your word a lot more acutely. May I learn to be more consistent! If only I could take a pen make two lists and then cross out all the unwanted attributes to my life and then make another list with all the wanted traits to enable me to be more holy and righteous. Then I am reminded that I am not justified by my own works, but by the blood of the lamb. Boasting will never play a role in the kingdom of God. There will be many sons and many with great rewards but only one hero, yes Jesus Christ our Lord will receive all the glory accolades. Praise His name! But obedience is better than sacrifice, and it is require from every child of God.

May we remember, (Ephesians 4:26) “Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath:”

Signing off

Tyrone

No comments: