The link to my book - Destroy and Deliver (Autobiography)

Thursday 7 August 2014

Slaying the Giants!

(1Samuel 23:4) “…for I will give the Philistines into your hand."

“Revenge” is the last of the “fruits of repentance” and very satisfying if applied with victory, in faith when slaying the “giants” in our lives. If the correct preparation is followed, when the spoils are eventually eaten, it shall be sweeter than honey!

The Israelites were petrified when Goliath the giant bellowed on the mountain top, but not David! He knew in whom he believed! When the challenge came forth; “He stood and shouted to the ranks of Israel, "Why have you come out to draw up for battle? Am I not a Philistine, and are you not servants of Saul? Choose a man for yourselves, and let him come down to me. If he is able to fight with me and kill me, then we will be your servants. But if I prevail against him and kill him, then you shall be our servants and serve us."” (1Samuel 17:8-9) 

There are some points we need to pin your ears back too, dissect and then we will understand: - Note. The Philistines were the enemies of Israel, Goliath was a Philistine; Saul was the king of Israel and appointed by God on behalf of mans will, in other words he symbolises the flesh! Our own efforts in the flesh will never conquer any of the giants in our lives, it is impossible! That is why the Lord Jesus Christ needed to conquer sin on that cruel Roman cross. The Apostle Paul teaches us this very clearly; “For we know that the law is spiritual, but I am of the flesh, sold under sin. For I do not understand my own actions. For I do not do what I want, but I do the very thing I hate. Now if I do what I do not want, I agree with the law, that it is good. So now it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells within me.” (Romans 7:14-17) – Simply put, our sinful natures leave us powerless when confronting the giants in our lives! The sooner we learn this lesson the sweeter the victory will be. David was not reliant on his abilities, although he was trained with a slingshot his trust was in his God. He knew that God would be with him when he confronted the giant, Goliath! There was absolutely no doubt in his mind that he would chop off the giants head.

Our flesh will always doubt, look at Saul’s response; “And Saul said to David, "You are not able to go against this Philistine to fight with him.” But look at David’s response; “But David said to Saul, "Your servant used to keep sheep for his father. And when there came a lion, or a bear, and took a lamb from the flock, I went after him and struck him and delivered it out of his mouth. And if he arose against me, I caught him by his beard and struck him and killed him.” (1Samuel 17:34-35) – When we rest upon God’s victory nothing can come against us, regardless of how daunting it may appear. There is nothing greater than our God, we have nothing to fear! If we belong to Him, He is for us and not against us, regardless of the giants that bellow and make idle threats, so long as we put our faith in Him, it will be well with our souls! What a great victory the Lord Jesus has wrought on our behalf, praise His name! Thank you my great Saviour! Keep our eyes fix on you and not the giants that threaten our faith, they are but chaff in the wind in comparison to what you have freed us from. Keep us walking in the Spirit and we will have victory over our flesh, in every area of our lives! But I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh.” (Galatians 5:16) – When we get it wrong we will continue to struggle in many areas of our lives; but when we get it right God receives the glory and the revenge on that which once held us captive now no longer keeps us wallowing in the “mud of self-pity” like it once did. Praise the name of Jesus!

Faith will never be unfolded by the wisdom of men; it operates outside the realm of that which is seen, but it initiates the power of God in our lives. It may be time to shift gears; “for we walk by faith, not by sight.” (2Corinthians 5:7) – I pray with an earnest expectation that our God will help us in this area of our lives.

Regardless of the giants you face in your life, trust our Saviour and His finished work, remembering that God raised Him from the dead and likewise will raise us up from the dead and give us whatever victory we now need in our lives. Remain humble, seek out grace with boldness and BELIEVE! Our God is not only able but willing to bless those you believe in Him, praise His name now and forever more, Amen and Amen!

Signing off

Tyrone  
     

   


No comments: