The link to my book - Destroy and Deliver (Autobiography)

Friday 1 August 2014

Lessons of Faith

Faith is a consideration that needs far more attention than most give it; however it is clear from scripture that those given to it reap great reward. I must also conclude that as I have wrestled with certain needs in my life, which I am thankful for, for if I had no need, there would be no necessity to learn the valuable lessons that faith teach. When we learn to rest in the eye of the storm this is where we find great benefit. I have much to learn but the little I have learnt has been very rewarding. Continue to show me your ways my great Father God. Your ways are far higher than the ways of man, praise your name! You have chosen to teach your children so many valuable lessons that are foreign to the majority. But not to those who put their trust in you. Thank you!

The world coins this phrase “if the world deals you lemons make lemonade”, but I say, “thank God for the lemons for they can be the greatest of teachers!” They lead us to depend on the unseen and we can of a truth share David’s sentiments; “A Psalm of David. The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures. He leads me beside still waters. He restores my soul. He leads me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; you anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life, and I shall dwell in the house of the LORD forever.” (Psalms 23:1-6)

We are saved by hope that will never disappoint, because we have trusted in our God and not our own circumstances. Without witnessing the hand of God in our lives how would we ever be able to share David’s sentiments? It is only when we understand our need that we learn to cry to our God. He has an ear for His children and is quick to bless, praise His everlasting name! “Jesus, Jesus Lord to me, Master, Saviour, Prince of Peace! How does He bless? Who has the right to speak on His behalf as if we were there at the beginning of time? All I know is My God is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him! He fills the person’s soul with peace! And how sweet it is to dwell there!

There are many bellowing voices that look to bend our ears, but we must pay careful attention to the voice of our Shepherd, it has a different pitch and his instruction may at first seem foreign to our reasoning, however the more we learn to trust His tuition the sweater our relationship will become. I have wasted so much time on instruction from family and friends that have been no more than worldly tripe, which has come out of its instruction manual, it will only ever produce thorns and thistles; I would implore you to Look to Jesus and live. The lessons we need to learn are harsh and even brutal at times, but of this I am convinced, they are all working together for the good of those who belong to God, in and through the saving power of our great Saviour the Lord Jesus Christ.

My words have been bold and they shall be tested, nevertheless I am persuaded that God will teach me His way through it all! Help me find grace my great King and teach me to be wise through it all, Amen! My God will be with all those who depend on Him and who is stronger or wiser than our God? Shall tribulation separate us from the love of God, or distress, or famine? No, through it all we are more than conquerors in Him that loved us when we were yet enemies of the cross; how much more now that we belong to Him and are able to cry ABBA FATHER Will he sucker us along life’s journey? Faith demands that we trust our God. Trust we must and we must never lean on our own fickle understanding if it drives us from it!

God help us to learn to appropriate faith with a new resolve from here on in.

Signing off

Tyrone    

  

No comments: