The link to my book - Destroy and Deliver (Autobiography)

Monday 4 August 2014

Remembering that day

Because we (the Christian) have all been covered by the rich, free sovereign grace of God; we are indebted to our God and all because of the glorious perfect work of the Gospel that Jesus Christ our Lord accomplished, by willingly laying down His life for the scum of the earth, a person like me, a sinner, and once an enemy of the cross!

It would be beneficial to recollect that glorious day when our eyes were opened for the first time, when at first we looked at life and it was hard to make sense of it all, but God stepped in and opened my eyes and I was able to cry, “I CAN SEE!” That was a great day, a blessed day! Perhaps the best day of my life! Can you remember your day? I feel the corners of my mouth rising as it cracks a warm pleasant smile remembering the zeal I had back then; day one and I was on the phone asking others if they had seen what I could now see? In spite of the “huh” response it was the best of days; for the first time I knew what it meant to cry with joy. I vividly remember wrestling to understand my new commitment to this gospel message, it took days of grappling with my decision on why I had favorably responded to this altar call, eventually the light switch flipped and then I understood the enormity of it all, “my sins had been forgiven”! Wow! I had done nothing to deserve this pardon! And yet I had been forgiven and that understanding was truly wonderful; praise the name of Jesus Christ my Lord! Thank you Father God for sending your Son to die for me!

Every child of God has to have “in type” a similar experience to that of “Christian” in “Pilgrims Progress”; the day when the heavy load of sin fell off his back. For some, I included; have made such a botch of this wonderful free gift along our journey, the reasons will vary with each individual, so many detours along the way; be that as it may, in spite of ourselves, our great God has worked out and continues to work out sanctification in the lives of Christians for His names sake. He is a merciful God, praise His name! There have been times when I have wanted to throw in the towel, but He has carried me through the “valley of death”, all glory belongs to my Father who is the only true living God with the cloak of salvation draped across my shoulders and only because of the Lord Jesus’ sacrifice. To think on this fact; that God knows the beginning from the end and the end from the beginning. He is able to look into the future and even knowing that I would make such a hash of my life along the way He still was willing to save me, what a glorious reality! I am forever indebted to Him! I am truly grateful! The bill of my debt is so long that it cannot be measured! I cannot say with any accuracy whether my love and commitment to Him is less of greater now than it was back then. But of this I am sure I do indeed love Him and all because He first loved me! He sent His son to die for me! Thank you Father God!

I have a greater understanding of many truths to what I had back then, and yet I only know in part. However, sadly I certainly do not have the zeal I had back then; “renew a right spirit in me Father” is my cry! My life is hid in Christ, I am forever indebted to Him; if you do not share a similar thought I would implore you to call out to Him so that you may go free! He is but a cry away! But cry you must!

Signing off


Tyrone     

No comments: