The link to my book - Destroy and Deliver (Autobiography)

Friday 29 August 2014

God has paved the way...

“Because He lives I can face tomorrow!” However today is the day of salvation “do not harden your hearts in rebellion”, as some did and many have! Our glorious King is alive and He intercedes for all who would dare to acknowledge their sin, repenting in need of the eventual crutch, yes Crutch! I have heard many shy away from that word when referring to their Saviour, He is much more than any “crutch”, and at the very least we should all acknowledge that He is our prop. He is the Aid of aids; which carries with it unwavering commitment. There is no pressure seen or unseen that will bend that staff. It is indestructible, praise His name!

Let us reason together; what is the ultimate goal for mankind? Is it not heaven and to be in a blissful state for the rest of eternity? We know that light and darkness cannot co-exist, they may share a room but they cannot mingle. This morning as the desktop lamp lights my work area I can clearly see my work space but if I look behind me into the opposite corner it is dark and the bookshelf is but an outline; light on the one side but dark and dingy on the other. I need a globe and electricity to generate light, a globe alone will be of no use to me and visa-visa. The idea of making it to heaven may be well and alive in our minds but unless I have the means to get me there it remains but a dream.

Can we who are full of darkness co-exist with a Holy God? Absolutely not! Unless I have the means to carry me into that light I will never end up there. My thoughts and hope will never be enough and only the fool reason like this. What then do I need to make it to heaven when I pass from this life into the next? I need a crutch or a vehicle, some sort of transport to give me access into heaven. GOD HAS MADE A WAY! He so loved the world that he has offered the sacrifice of His Son, the Lord Jesus Christ to be the crutch for all who will call and trust Him to get them there. It is His way and no other way will suffice! The Bible is very clear on this!

We have all been given logic to reason things out, even the simplest of us understand that we need supply to create; does a man say I will build a house without any bricks? Or can a person walk into a grocery store without any money and fill a trolley full of groceries expecting to walk out with them? No one will make it to heaven if they have not been washed by the blood of the Lamb, period! Only the thief goes into the store without any money hoping not to get caught. And we know that there will be thieves at the marriage feast of the Lamb who did not have their lamps trimmed; But at midnight there was a cry, 'Here is the bridegroom! Come out to meet him.' Then all those virgins rose and trimmed their lamps. And the foolish said to the wise, 'Give us some of your oil, for our lamps are going out.' But the wise answered, saying, 'Since there will not be enough for us and for you, go rather to the dealers and buy for yourselves.' And while they were going to buy, the bridegroom came, and those who were ready went in with him to the marriage feast, and the door was shut.” (Matthew 25:6-10) – it is imperative while it is still day that we learn to rely on God’s provision to get us ready for that day, that glorious reunion when all those who have oil, those who have believed God for His provision and made it their business to buy the oil needed for that great day. However for those who ignore this call, it will end badly; ““Afterward the other virgins came also, saying, 'Lord, lord, open to us.' But he answered, 'Truly, I say to you, I do not know you.'(Matthew 25:11-25)

Lamp without oil is no different to a globe with no electricity. It is imperative that we buy oil now because no one can with any confidence say they know what the future holds. The wise man will plan for the future; it is only the fool that hopes beyond hope.

God has made the way and He has sent out an open invitation to all, what will you do with that invitation? I pray that God would be merciful and give us all the understanding to act upon this warning.

Today is the day of salvation, call unto Him and He will be merciful; He will not turn one away! But call you must!  

Signing off

Tyrone
 
 








No comments: