The link to my book - Destroy and Deliver (Autobiography)

Sunday 17 August 2014

Restoration

Why do people blog? Here are a few reasons; some want to be heard, others noticed and some even accepted. Why do I blog? It is simple; it is my diary, thoughts, struggles, joys, trials, failures and the lessons along my Christian pilgrimage. All I have chosen to do is make it public! Why? I hope to encourage others who may need encouragement. It is one thing to stand on a platform proclaiming the good news with a squeaky clean testimony, being blameless from accusation, to have the testimony of Paul the Apostle. But I do not share his testimony, in fact many have chosen to ignore my voice for the exact opposite reason, and who can blame them. As I look back on my Christian journey, it has been marred by many mistakes. For this I have already suffered loss and will continue to face the consequences of my actions along the way. BUT GOD is far greater than any blunder I may have incurred along the way. And this goes for all who trust in Him! There is no failure too great, so long as we haven’t trampled underfoot the perfect work of the cross, having once believed and then denouncing that Jesus Christ died for our sins. There is “much to do” about these verses we wrestle with in Hebrews chapter 6, but who can of a certainty say, thus and thus says the Lord? All I know is God will complete what He has started, regardless of the opposition He faces along the way. He is greater than all! Sin may very well need to be irradiated from many of our lives, but our God has conquered all!

For me the process has been severe, but needful! We must never think that we are beyond reproof. Correction will often right our wrongs along the way. To think back on how I found my place in the body of Christ (a local church) and to be used by Him to minister into the lives of others was a peaceful time in my life. And then to have that taken from me, because of my sin and pride, and there is much more I could add to that list! BUT GOD, my merciful Father was willing to stay the course with a reprobate like me! I am forever thankful!

This I have learnt along the way, God exalts and He disparages those whom He once elevated. He is God and He is Supreme; it is about His will and not the wants of men. Sin looks to rob us of that reality. But even if that is some of our testimonies, our God is not only capable but in certain cases willing to be merciful to those who have fallen victim to themselves; I am forever indebted to Him! He chooses to change the mindset of certain men, thank you Father! I owe everything to my Lord and Saviour, praise His blessed name!

This morning I will share a brief testimony at Florida Baptist Church, it has been a long time since I have been in such a position, I am so thankful that God my ABBA FATHER has seen fit to patch up what I so miserably destroyed, my life! Regardless of where you may find yourselves, know this that God is able and knows how to give good gifts to His children, and what better gift can a child receive than to know he finds favour with His Father! He has such a big heart, who will ever be capable of measuring His mercies? They are unmeasurable! I am so thankful that I belong to a God, the only true living God, the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, The God who is full of compassion and who cares for me, thank you Lord Jesus for doing all the will of the Father, enabling me now to call out to Him. Bless you now and forever more, Amen and Amen!

Here then are some of my experiences I needed to face along the way as a Christian; it hasn’t been pretty but extremely needful. Wherever you may find yourself today, step out in faith believing God and He may very well cover you with His mercies, I am praying for you!

Restored

At the age of 22 I came face to face with my depravity and the realization that I needed to find forgiveness for my sin and that could only ever happen in and through the finished work of Calvary. Jesus Christ paying the price for my sin! Once I understood the magnitude of it all my life did a radical 180 degree turn and the life I once lived, wine, women, and song was now a thing of the past.  For years it was well with my soul and then sadly deception began to wiggle its way back into my life with license becoming a way of life. Before long I was involved in a relationship that I should have avoided at all costs. I didn’t!
If we despise the chastening of the Lord and carry on in a life of sin, as I was doing, then the Bible teaches that a more drastic step needs to be taken.
When you are assembled in the name of the Lord Jesus and my spirit is present, with the power of our Lord Jesus, you are to deliver this man to Satan for the destruction of the flesh, so that his spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord. (1 Corinthians 5:4-6)

This then happened to me, at that time, accepting church discipline wasn't easy. Those were trying times and the spiral of sin took root like never before. Before long I noticed that my glands on my neck where very swollen and I went to see the doctor. He was newly qualified and couldn’t diagnose what was wrong. He then consulted his partner and I heard him say, “Test for HIV!” I was 27 at the time and I then knew that the rubber had now hit the tar. Prior to being tested I understood that this was now God’s judgment on my life. My test confirmed my hunch.

In hindsight I thank God from the bottom of my heart for caring enough to do what was needed to bring me to a place of true repentance. God used church discipline and the eventual result was restoration back into fellowship in the local church. Verses very dear to my heart are;And have you forgotten the exhortation that addresses you as sons? “My son, do not regard lightly the discipline of the Lord, nor be weary when reproved by him. For the Lord disciplines the one he loves, and chastises every son whom he receives." It is for discipline that you have to endure. God is treating you as sons. For what son is there whom his father does not discipline? If you are left without discipline, in which all have participated, then you are illegitimate children and not sons.”  (Hebrews 12: 5-8)

I am truly thankful for God’s discipline in my life. Without it where would I be? Possibly on some street corner begging bread. All honour and glory belongs to my King, praise His name now and forever more, Amen and Amen!

This life is about 70 years but God is eternal and He is merciful and He has it in His power to choose what to do with His mercy, I am thankful for His mercy, in spite of myself. I am forever indebted to Him who at the time would have been able to understand the restoration that I now enjoy. Thank you Father God!  It is well with my soul.

Signing off

Tyrone



No comments: