The link to my book - Destroy and Deliver (Autobiography)

Thursday 31 July 2014

The phenomenal love of God

(John 6:37) “…whoever comes to me I will never cast out.”

Amazingly we serve a God who is too wonderful for comprehension. A God full of empathy and always willing to bless; praise His marvelous name! The only true and living God could have been a mean harsh God quick to anger and ready to destroy all those who oppose Him. And yet He so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son to die in our stead. This thought humbles me so! We had all gone astray, like sheep without a shepherd. Enemies of the cross! Why would God even consider saving His enemies? Because He is full of compassion, praise His glorious name! This is the God I serve; He is my God and the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, one and the same. The great I AM! To Him alone will I bend my knee? And why is it that I am able to replicate the love He shows me? Because He first loved me, without God making the first move I would be lost in my sin, blinder than a bat, but now I see! All hail King Jesus my Saviour!  

To God alone is the glory, what marvelous love, which creature could ever exhaust the depths of it? God’s love is immeasurable! And I am one who has found it, a sinner like me who is now free to bask in His incredible love. Why would He love one day and then despise the next. He is not human and full of changes like rippling water. His love is forever true; applaud His name now and forever more! He who has begun this great work will surely see it through unto the end!

The deeper my relationship becomes with my God the more I realize that He will never snap the bruised reed or quench the smoking flax. This is the God I serve and the invitation has gone out to all, look to Jesus Christ the Lord and live. He will not turn one away! But look you must! And once you see Him, call out unto Him and He will respond favorably. Praise the name of my God and King!

“All that the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never cast out.” (John 6:37) – Why is it that some believe there would be an expiry date set to this promise? Or is our great God only capable of operating in ideal conditions; as if His assurance is like that of the contra-indications on a medicine bottle; as if any “allergic reaction” would hinder His undertaking. I have tried to avoid this topic for the sake of my Arminian brothers, but that will help no one! We must be accurate with the text! As they believe that salvation is partly up to the individual and they have it in their power to lose their salvation. This is not what the text teaches! If I struggle along the way, which has most certainly been my testimony, my God will certainly bring me through in spite of myself for His name sake. This is the God I gladly serve with my whole heart; He is not only capable of changing a man’s stubborn ways but amazingly willing to teach Him the ways of the righteous.

When examining the text no limit is set to the duration of His promise; Charles Spurgeon says it best: - “No limit is set to the duration of this promise. It does not merely say, “I will not cast out a sinner at his first coming,” but, “I will in no wise cast out.” The original reads, “I will not, not cast out,” or “I will never, never cast out.” The text means, that Christ will not at first reject a believer; and that as he will not do it at first, so he will not to the last.
But suppose the believer sins after coming? “If any man sin we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous.” But suppose that believers backslide? “I will heal their backsliding, I will love them freely: for mine anger is turned away from him.” But believers may fall under temptation! “God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.” But the believer may fall into sin as David did! Yes, but he will “Purge them with hyssop, and they shall be clean; he will wash them and they shall be whiter than snow”; “From all their iniquities will I cleanse them.”
“Once in Christ, in Christ for ever,
Nothing from his love can sever.”
“I give unto my sheep,” saith he, “eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.” What sayest thou to this, O trembling feeble mind? Is not this a precious mercy, that coming to Christ, thou dost not come to One who will treat thee well for a little while, and then send thee about thy business, but he will receive thee and make thee his bride, and thou shalt be his for ever? Receive no longer the spirit of bondage again to fear, but the spirit of adoption whereby thou shalt cry, Abba, Father! Oh! the grace of these words: “I will in no wise cast out.”

Some may present different formulas on how to stay saved; some say it’s the body of Christ that will get us home! It is obvious that by belonging to the body of Christ (a church) as an active member that it will help with our faith but it is God alone who will see us through unto the end! We must continue as we did at first looking to Jesus, He alone has accomplished the work, praise His glorious name! We began in the Spirit and others may believe that it is now the works of the flesh that will justify us; as if what we do or don’t do will qualify us for heaven. This is what the Apostle Paul had to say about this type of mentality; “O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you? This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?” (Galatians 3:1-3)

Our total dependency is on the person of Jesus Christ and nothing more, look to Him and live. He will not only save the strong but also the weak in the faith shall all arrive at their final destination, heaven with all its glory. Praise His majestic, everlasting, treasurable name, now and forever more, Amen!

Wherever you now find yourself; did you once look to Jesus but find that the mud of sin has veiled your vision, be of good cheer all you need do is cry out unto Him and before long His righteous accomplishments will become your endeavours as His beauty once again begins to fill your life with joy unspeakable and full of glory! Are you barely hanging on to your faith with hurting cotton threads that are just about to snap under the pressure? Fear not! Look to Jesus and live! For you shall be plucked from the fire of unbelief! “And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ.” (Philippians 1:6)
  
Signing off


Tyrone

No comments: