The link to my book - Destroy and Deliver (Autobiography)

Wednesday 16 July 2014

The Cauldron of Prayer

(Micah 7:8) “Rejoice not over me, O my enemy; when I fall, I shall rise;”

The winters in Africa are short but real with its icy nip in the air; a fire in the early hours of the morning is always a pleasing sight. It brings a smile to those warmed by it. Prayer has a similar effect; it is capable of warming ones heart. It is when we neglect to fuel the cauldrons of prayer that the arctic chill of disbelief looks to rob us of our victory in Christ! Prayer is a vital part of our daily dress, it equips us for battle!  It allows our supplications to be heard and God our Father most certainly lends His ear to the prayers of His Children. May God help me to find the correct words to seek out His righteousness in my life with ample time spent on my misguided wants! 

How often do we as Christian’s waste so much time on prayers that are self-centered? Enough is my Cry! Teach me your ways Oh God, even to the point of hurt! Help me find the shortest route to this truth in my life; keeping me alert with all perseverance and always being mindful of my brethren in Christ across the globe who also have the same desire. Help them find the shortest course in their closets to your will in their lives.

We must keep the altars of our private prayer burning with secret devotion. Our enemy looks to rob us of this privilege that the Christian alone has in Christ! Others pray to the deaf idols but we have a God who not only hears but is also in touch with the feeling of our weaknesses! He is full of compassion, praise His majestic name!

Prayer reminds us of the weakness of our flesh as our words confess our struggles; it reminds us of where we need help in our lives, striving to make us more like our glorious Saviour. How I long to be more like Him! To be satisfied, knowing that I seek out God’s will for my life; “renew a right spirit in me” I pray! There is much molding that needs to happen, but I am confident that my God is able. When we learn to pray without ceasing, we know that we are on the right road. And when we learn to dress for battle from head to toe it will only ever be well with our souls.  

Let us never degrade ourselves by saying, “I cannot conquer this sin, for it is legitimate and lives within me with extreme persistence, it is part of my flesh, it is who I am and part of my character; I cannot change!” Allow no excuse for ourselves; we will not plead for a life of a single sin. That type of rational is unbelief! Our God the Holy Spirit will lead us into all truth, with daily ongoing sanctification as our goal! Our Saviour defeated every obstacle he encountered whilst on earth, He has now made a way for us to walk in victory; believe it we must! He left no stone unturned! We too must resolve within our hearts through prayer to leave no stone unturned; our God will answer our prayer! “Why should He one may ask?” The answer is an obvious one; if we seek out His righteousness all things will be added! There are no ifs and but in that statement; it is full of certainty and once we make it our own we will finds ourselves benefactors of God’s grace in all areas of our lives!

The certainty of this reality in Christ will mean that we must select the panting deer as our crest; we must pant for the water like that of a parched stag. This is why we must dress for battle; we must take up the whole armour of God and after having done all to stand. The devil will come with all sorts of schemes, but our God has defeated Him, praise the name of Jesus Christ our Lord! “For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places.” (Ephesians 6:12)

When I fall bruising my legs and gashing my knees; when I cry to my God, I will be heard! My parched lips will be quenched by His eternal living stream, I will regain my strength and it will be well with my soul!

Let us therefore remember to pray without ceasing, for the effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man has great power as it is working…

Signing off

Tyrone  




No comments: