The link to my book - Destroy and Deliver (Autobiography)

Thursday 24 July 2014

Stand Still!

(Exodus 14:1) “Then the LORD said to Moses…”

It is tough at times to know whether to retreat, advance or to stand still! The pressures of life press hard at times and we naturally find that something needs to be done to alleviate the situation. The Children of Israel fled Egypt with the strongest of armies tracking them down, with one intention and that was to annihilate them. They felt such panic that this is what they had to say to Moses; They said to Moses, "Is it because there are no graves in Egypt that you have taken us away to die in the wilderness? What have you done to us in bringing us out of Egypt? Is not this what we said to you in Egypt: 'Leave us alone that we may serve the Egyptians'? For it would have been better for us to serve the Egyptians than to die in the wilderness."” (Exodus 14:11-12) – Enlisting as a Christian is not for the faint hearted! Once we enlist as Christians and look to be about our Fathers will and not our own wants, we face another ball game altogether! If we have not taken stock on what is required from the Christian, we too will echo the word of the Israelites, 'Leave us alone that we may serve the Egyptians' and that would be very sad. To be fair I would need to confess that I too have felt like that at times. May God forgive my unbelief!

Thoughts flash through my mind when I am hard pressed; should I initiate something or not; how do I know whether I am being slothful or whether I should put in an effort? When everything you have put in place seems to crumble around you, what is a man to do? I know the result of an idle mind; “Slothfulness casts into a deep sleep, and an idle person will suffer hunger.” (Proverbs 19:15) – Am I on the brink of suffering hunger because I am idle? And yet it isn’t my intention to be idle! I pray that doors would open so that I can get on with life. However doors open and then they are very quickly shut! What is the lesson? Could it be a consequence to my folly along life’s journey, all the mistakes I have made? Will God hold me accountable as say “that is you lot in life, deal with it”, and if that be the case then praise His glorious name! I must learn to accept it! Or is it another voice I hear, a deceiving voice looking to trip me up. Show me the truth now I pray my gracious Heavenly Father.

I suppose I must search deep within my heart and examine my intent; am I sitting by waiting slothfully or am I sitting by waiting to hear His voice say “GO”! This then is the question that needs to be answered. Nevertheless once the reality of it all sinks in; we must dust the dirt from our knees and seek His counsel. OUR GOD IS ABLE! We must learn from Him!

We must learn not to fear the intermittent danger we think we see; There is nothing too great for our God; He controls the universe with absolute accuracy. This then was Moses’ retort;And Moses said to the people, "Fear not, stand firm, and see the salvation of the LORD, which he will work for you today. For the Egyptians whom you see today, you shall never see again. The LORD will fight for you, and you have only to be silent."” (Exodus 14:13-14)   



My own natural character says “make it happen”! Faith teaches to trust in things hoped for and the conviction of things not seen…

Tit-bits of success appear and then disappear; I cannot retreat nor can I advance as there is danger on all sides but I can stand still and wait for clear instruction from my Commander and chief, so until I hear a clear audible voice with a distinctive order I shall stand and wait for my God’s tutoring. Let me ignore the voice of precipitancy as it cries, “do something. Stir yourself; to stand still and wait, is sheer idleness.” But to take my eyes off the Lord would be sheer madness. There has been far too much of that on this hopeful journey.  Help my gaze remain fixed on you Father God and as you utter that command may I be the first to react in accordance with your will and may it be to your honour and glory.

May my posture now remain upright as I further await you instruction as I am convinced that understanding will come. I eagerly await that command, “go forward” but until then help me remain resolute with my eyes fix on the finished work of Calvary, Amen!

Signing off


Tyrone  

No comments: