The link to my book - Destroy and Deliver (Autobiography)

Sunday 27 July 2014

“The prelude of fulfilment”

“The prelude of fulfilment”

Faith comes first and then deliverance, not the other way around, with endurance as a core ingredient. Prior to baking a cake, one would need flour, milk, eggs, sugar, yeast or baking powder and obviously a pre-heated oven. Who in their right mind would proceed to bake a cake without all the components needed? In like manner we must understand the workings of faith before it will ever benefit our lives. Let us take the life of David as we work through the Psalms it is obvious to see the pattern unfold, there was most certainly “a prelude of fulfilment” prior to deliverance. Why would it be any different for us?  

We can expect deliverance from our God once we have learnt to endure in a particular area of our lives. But we must believe and anticipate that our God will come to the rescue. If not we walk in unbelief! I cannot get these words from the Apostle Paul out of my mind; “Not that I am speaking of being in need, for I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content. I know how to be brought low, and I know how to abound. In any and every circumstance, I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and need.” (Philippians 4:11-12) – I have a long way to travel! And yet I know of a certainty that my God will continue to supply all my needs, praise His name!

Having said that I must expect deliverance, faith demands it!

This was David’s journey as he fled from his son, Absalom; “O LORD, how many are my foes! Many are rising against me; many are saying of my soul, there is no salvation for him in God. Selah But you, O LORD, are a shield about me, my glory, and the lifter of my head. I will not be afraid of many thousands of people who have set themselves against me all around. Arise, O LORD! Save me, O my God! For you strike all my enemies on the cheek; you break the teeth of the wicked. Salvation belongs to the LORD; your blessing be on your people!” – This was his cry and yet he was he was still on the run! – His emotions pleaded for deliverance with his pursuers hot on his tail and yet he believed that His God, the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob would come to His aid. However the battle raged on; “Answer me when I call, O God of my righteousness! You have given me relief when I was in distress. Be gracious to me and hear my prayer!” He called on His past experiences to feed His mind, He remembered killing the bear and the lion when he was just a shepherd boy. We must remember the times of our deliverance when we find ourselves facing hardships! The trial of our faith is not only an experience we face alone, many have faced far greater trials and come out on the other side polished and refined bringing glory to God our Father. We must understand that the little trials we face are not exclusive; we must learn to be of good cheer as other Christians across the globe are fighting the good “fight of faith”!

Now observe the rescue David receives after many a struggle, fleeing for his life through different times in his life;In my distress I called upon the LORD; to my God I cried for help. From his temple he heard my voice, and my cry to him reached his ears. He rescued me from my strong enemy and from those who hated me, for they were too mighty for me. They confronted me in the day of my calamity, but the LORD was my support.” – Regardless of the trials we now face we must in faith believe that as we cry to God our Father our voice is heard and when we have learnt through endurance to stay the course our God will intervene, of this I am persuaded!

May God help us with our unbelief and forgive us for our grumblings; to God now and forever more be glory and praise. All hail King Jesus!

Signing off

Tyrone


     





No comments: