The link to my book - Destroy and Deliver (Autobiography)

Friday 22 October 2010

Sin

(Romans 7:14) “But I am of the flesh, sold under sin.”
Hopefully we understand our sinful nature and how through Adam we have been sold under the banner of sin. A child is never taught to sin, it comes naturally to a toddler. However I do agree that some children’s sin is easier to see then others, but that is true of life, even adults differ. Nevertheless a child is not taught to manipulate with screams as it maneuvers with precision and before long mom is on beckon call. This is the fruit of sin; “but I am of the flesh, sold under sin.” Sin with us as its victim is a reality that we will never escape outside of Christ. Let me explain; because of Adam’s sin the Bible teaches us that because God is “Holy and Righteous” He is unable to turn a blind eye to sin, let us liken sin to a terminal illness as it will be fatal to every sinner that does not find repentance in and through the Lord Jesus.
At the age of 27 a doctor told me that I was HIV positive, although the virus had been around since the early 1980’s, in South Africa in 1993 that was really bad news, you could say it was lethal, it was looked upon as a death sentence. It was impossible for me to ignore! When the words from Doctor Steve’s mouth penetrated my ear drums, life for that split second slowed down and just like Hollywood often uses film in slow motion to depict someone’s life about to end, I was in a movie, my own!
My point is it was impossible for me to ignore the news, I was terminal or so I thought. I could not overlook the facts, now I want you to consider that I was a man “sold under sin” and yet I am able to respond and seek out help. I am still living with the virus and obviously the Sovereignty of God comes into play but anti-retroviral medication is what has kept me alive thus far. I have been involved with support groups; in fact I headed up Johncom’s support Group and “denial” plays a large part in many infected people’s lives. They pretend that this virus will overlook them and then they try and ignore the inevitable, death! In like manner sin will also bring death to all who choose to live in defiance to God’s call for all to repent and turn from sin to the living God. I will remind you blinkers (Brett/Richard are you paying attention) where designed for race-horses and not humans. A day is coming, just like I have witnessed people die with HIV, who pretended that they never had the virus and yet death never escaped them, how could it! Death will not escape all those who do not repent and turn to Jesus to find life. Why? Because He is the anti-retroviral that will prevent death and the Lake of Fire.
God almighty takes sin so seriously, He cannot and has not turned a blind eye to it. The punishment of sin is death, period! Every single person ever born, the billions of people that have live and died and all who are still living on earth today will be judge for sin. There will be no exception. Think about how serious God takes sin, so seriously that to save mankind from total torment were teeth will gnash and dying souls without its finality will wail long into eternity. What an unwelcomed thought, but nevertheless true! God is love and that is why He sent His only begotten Son to earth where He lived without sin and die for sinners to pay the price for sin. God judged sinners and sentence all to a death sentence but found a righteous way to save mankind (only those who repent) by sending Jesus to die in their place. How amazing is the love of God? When I understand what it cost the Lord so that I could go free, my soul cannot but sing out, “amazing grace how sweet the sound that save a wretch like me.”
So will you be like the ostrich and put your head in the sand hoping because you cannot see the danger that it is looming, which is even right at the door, or will you call upon the name of the Lord, thank Him for the sacrifice of dying on your behalf on a cruel Roman cross on a hill called Golgotha and turn from your sin and repent? “And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.”
I am praying even now for all my mates, but Brett and Richard your names even now are being prayed into the heavens.
Signing off
Tyrone

No comments: