The link to my book - Destroy and Deliver (Autobiography)

Wednesday 27 October 2010

Loosing when it is right

“It is a faithful saying.”
It is at times like these that I am thankful firstly to my Lord and Saviour for his Faithfulness. Without that the human race would be doomed for an eternity of damnation and a final destination in the Lake of Fire, but for all believers that believe in the resurrection and the finished work of Calvary have an imperishable hope of everlasting life and to ever be like Him. We will be incorruptible, righteous (the ability to always be right), just think about that. Never making another wrong decision, never choosing sin over righteousness, how I long for that day!
It is mornings like these that without God the Comforter (God the Holy Spirit) quickening and reminding me of this hope, the pressure of life would squeeze so tightly that it would be hard to find a reason to live. That may seem somewhat dramatic, but the cares of this life and having to deal with the consequences of bad judgments made in our lives is a fact of life.
I woke up this morning with a quote from C.H.Spurgeon repeatedly reverberating in my mind, “if a thing is right, though you lose by it, it must be done.” But what if you are indicted with a list of what is false. Even if they have some truth to them but they have been screwed out of context, what does one do then?
If I look at our greatest example the Lord Jesus, I see continual false accusation thrown at Him. He was called a drunkard because he drank some wine, He was charged with being unclean because He mixed with gentiles and so on. The bible tells me that the accusation above His head on that cruel Roman cross read; “and the superscription of his accusation was written over, THE KING OF THE JEWS.” Again the ruler of that age asked; - Pilate then went out unto them, and said, “What accusation bring ye against this man?” There was a lot of finger pointing yet not one charge could stick as the Lord Jesus was righteous, is righteous and always will be righteous. He did not defend His own honour, but His Father did! How I now want to react as a man defending my own honour to all these allegations that I read in my summons for divorce which I received yesterday. What is a man to do?
Please forgive me for my selfish request, but please pray that I would do the honourable thing, whatever that may be, ultimately glorifying my heavenly Father even if I suffer lose. All I will say is if I agree to the divorce summons I would be agreeing to certain accusations that would be false and they could possibly tarnish me in the future, i.e. a job character reference and the like.
“Godliness is profitable unto all things, having the promise of the life that now is, and of that which is to come.” (1Timothy 4:6) 
“Christian service must bid us diligently to maintain good works. We must have the root of salvation in free grace; next, the privileges of that salvation in the life which now is, and in that which is to come; and we have also the two great branches of suffering with Christ and serving with Christ, loaded with the fruits of the Spirit.” C.H.Spurgeon
All these truths must somehow find life to glorify God in every believer’s life.
Forgive me my heavenly Father for my sin in not having the fruit of joy in my heart today; please restore a right spirit within me.

Signing off

Tyrone


No comments: