The link to my book - Destroy and Deliver (Autobiography)

Wednesday 6 October 2010

My Friends

(John 4:14) “But whoever drinks of the water that I will give him will never be thirsty again... “

This morning my heart goes out to unsaved friends, those people who have shared my life in one form or another. To Richard, Brett ( Bandit),Warren, Gavin, Mike, and to anyone else who has crossed my path through my journey on earth. I am aware of my failures as a Christian and how you have examined my walk and found me wanting. However, this morning I would ask you to consider another. I agree I am a man who has failed time after time and if we were to analyse my life and all my mistakes we would need lots of time and be left somewhat depressed.

Today let us think as I know we can, to see beyond each other’s faults and look to the one who has no fault, the sinless lamb, the Lord Jesus. I ask you a favour, as you read, please thinks about His sacrifice on your behalf. I know what you are thinking; you think that your sin is keeping you from Him. You are correct, it is, but a sick person needs a doctor and not someone who is well. The Lord Jesus died on a cruel Roman cross some 2000 years ago and He did it not for the self righteous, He died to pay the price for sin and for sinners. He did it to keep all those who would repent and believe out of hell and hell will be a terrible place. It will not be like a bad holiday that will eventually end, it will be for all eternity, that means forever and ever unbelievers will end up there. It is a place where all those whose names are not found written in the book of life. In other words there is a journal in heaven called the “Book of Life” and in this book every sinner that truly repents, his name will be penned into this book. You could call it the book of membership, and only those found written in this book will escape the judgement to come.

(Rev 20:15) “And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.”

You see it is clearly stated in scripture, it is not my opinion or hundreds of others you have heard say the same thing. It will unfold this way!

How do you get your name entered into this book you may ask? Good question, so let us answer that.

The bible is full of instruction on how to find life, and as your friend I tell you I have found life and it is like the text says, my thirst has been quenched. “But whoever drinks of the water that I will give him will never be thirsty again... “

My eyes are open and heaven is my destination, I pray that your eyes will also be opened, so that you also may see. You say, you believe, but is that enough? The answer is simply, no that is not sufficient! I don’t think I need to prove that we are sinful in our natures; we all know that we are. Well if we realise that then we can never find ourselves in heaven with God because of sin. It is such a serious thing, God hates sin, He hates it so much that he made a way for mankind to be reunited to Himself and the only way He could do it was to send His Son, His only Son, to die in our place. God became a man, lived a sinless life, was judged by man, died on a cruel Roman cross and on the third day He rose again. Now it becomes personal, I believe with all my heart, He died in my place and because of that I fall on my knees and cry save me great Saviour and that is exactly what He has done, he has saved me from the Lake of Fire, how grateful I am.

(Act 2:21) “And it shall come to pass that everyone who calls upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”

So my question to you is will you call upon Him? I pray you do. Yes your life will change and yes you will find you no longer do what you once did. But don’t let the lie of will I miss out, miss out on what, and keep you from calling out to Him. Your eyes will be opened and you will see, and how beautiful the sight is. It is far more enthralling that the greatest sunset you can recall. There is only one way you can come, and that is through the Lord Jesus, It is that road only that will get you travelling in the right direction toward the Celestial City (heaven). The toll for that road is come as you are without a plea, confess your sin, repent and ask the Lord to help you turn from it, believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead and then go and confess Him as Lord.

Even now I pray for you by name, may God have mercy on your souls and open your eyes to see.

Signing off

Tyrone

No comments: