The link to my book - Destroy and Deliver (Autobiography)

Saturday 2 October 2010

Discipline of Obedience

There are obstacles that hinder us to apply ourselves to a disciplined life in obedience to the will of God. This possibly is the greatest of all trails, when we suffer for wrongdoing; even unbelievers suffer for the foolish choices they make in their lives. This is as Peter says; do not be surprised when this truth unfolds in our lives. “What credit is when we do something wrong that we take it patiently, but when we do well and suffer, if we take it patiently, this is commendable before God.” Nevertheless, when we endeavor to find the will of God and apply ourselves faithfully to it, especially if you are like me and have made many mistakes in times past it can be rather confusing. All I now want to do is glorify my God and King.

This morning I am struggling to get this blog out as my computer seems to have crashed and will not startup. I am now on a laptop, but all my helps that I use to help me pen this blog are not on hand. My mind then starts to have a field day with questions like, should I be doing this blog or shouldn’t I? Maybe I am proud and conceited. If I was doing what God wanted me to do, then surely things would run smoothly, especially with something like this blog. Why get up in the early hours of the morning? Why try and appropriate good disciplines in our lives. As frustrating as it may be for the flesh, the answer to finding good disciplines in our lives in order to find grace and walk in obedience, is a must for every believer. The Word of God must supersede our feelings and emotions. This is a classic example I am using even now to illustrate this point. I am despondent, frustrated and feeling somewhat isolated. Look what Peter teachers us, “but when you do good and suffer for it, if you take it patiently, this is commendable before God.” Let me not make more out of this example than I should. Paul was shipwrecked, beaten, stoned and Peter thrown in prison and all because they preached the gospel. Nevertheless although my example may seem trivial in comparison and it is, the principle is what we need to grasp. Once again if we take God’s word and apply it in our lives, we will live an abundant life, I do not mean we will live abundantly with gold and silver, yet our lives will be filled with the fruits of the spirit. Remember what they are; “love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control against such there is no law.”

Signing off

Tyrone

No comments: