The link to my book - Destroy and Deliver (Autobiography)

Sunday 17 October 2010

Love for Jesus

(1John 4:19)We love because he first loved us.”
How mind blowing is the thought when I consider my love for Jesus. How can a man feel so much love and compassion for someone not seen? Some parents except children with imaginary friends as they play out their childhood fantasies. I have seen a child believe that their invented friend was real and I do not doubt for a second that they didn’t believe it themselves. Yet, it was rather obvious to all the observing bystanders that it was just fantasy.
Why then is it that millions of reasonable people throughout the world would appear to have an imaginary friend in Jesus. They pray, talk and read about Him. Millions of books have been written about His wonderful accomplishments and many autobiographies of how this person Jesus Christ their Lord rescued them from utter Destruction. I am one of those who has written a book about my life and how in spite of myself and my stubbornness the Lord has captivated my heart, where I am able with sincerity to extol His great name and declare that I honestly and in sincerity love Him. In fact He is so majestic and magnificent that He is able to save from the uttermost to the uttermost. All that means is wherever you may find yourself, and I mean wherever He is able to rescue you. He will pour in the oil and the wine where needed and before long you will be praising His glorious name. Do not wait, do not reason as a man without sight, do not say I have to see before I can believe, just come as you are without one plea, call upon the name of the Lord to save your soul and He will not turn a blind eye, He will be merciful and gently begin to restore your life back to its original call, and that is to glorify God. How sweet it is when we adore Him.
Imagine a parched and barren land with scorching sand visible in every direction and the unforgiving baking sun beating down and looking for moisture in every crook and cranny and yet with none to be found. Hope and despair the order of the day for the travelling pilgrim and just when hope is about to breathe it final breath he somehow is compelled to look to his left and he sees it. A pond without banks, water like crystal, at last a lifeline. It is one thing to read a story or to watch a biography of some interesting character but when the pilgrim spoken of is you, how that changes everything. You see I was the man on the brink of death, I had one foot on the edge of hell with demonic beings intending with absolute glee to see my demise. But GOD in his merciful character called out, “look left” and somehow on the brink of death I found strength to look left and there He stood with nail marks in His hands from that cruel Roman cross and they were clear for all to see. I am not completely sure all could see his scars, but I could. Can you see them? I have seen them so clearly, I have experience His saving Grace and that is why I say I love Him, He bleed and died for me. I love Him with all my heart. Here I was on the brink of death and even worse looking down into a bottomless pit of darkness with scorching flames beckoning my name as they searched out fuel to sustain their malice.
So you ask, surely this Jesus Tyrone speaks of is some figment of his imagination? I can assure you Jesus is as real as your eyes now read this text. He is my Saviour, He is the love of my life and no matter where you may find yourself; whether you have never relied on Him or found repentance in Him. Whether you have once relied on Him and now find yourself far from Him. Stop what you are doing, do not feed death and all its traps. Turn now unto Jesus, look to Him and find life.
The world speaks of “purpose” there is no other purpose of greater value than relying on the finished work of Calvary and on this risen Saviour, even Jesus Christ the Lord.
Call out to Him and you will find life.
Signing off
Tyrone

No comments: