The link to my book - Destroy and Deliver (Autobiography)

Tuesday 26 October 2010

“Fruit of the poisonous tree”

(Matthew 16:18) “And I say also unto thee, that thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.”
I am hard pressed this morning and carry a heavy burden not for myself but for those who desire to seek God’s truth with what I believe to be, sincerity. Yet the enemy, the devil would cause a hindrance distorting God’s Word just like he did in the Garden of Eden. I love the words the Lord Jesus used when addressing Peter,
”and I say also unto thee, that thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.” I am comforted by these words as they are powerful and final. God’s church will prevail and it will accomplish what it needs to complete. There is absolutely no doubt about that! However, I see so many winds of doctrine preached by all and sundry and yet not based on sound doctrine. I cry out, O my heavenly Father why do you allow it? I then hear a small still voice pointing me to scripture and then I understand, but it still pains me to see how many lambs (young Christians) put so much filth to their mouths. A baby uses its mouth to test by tasting, I am sure we have all noticed that everything they find and get their hands on goes straight into their mouths. It is the parent’s responsibility to watch out for them and keep them from danger or infection. What person would stand by and watch any youngster get his hands on a razor and not lovingly remove it from him. We are our brother’s keepers! We must look out for one another! I beg you to understand my heart in this matter; we have an enemy and he is real and his sole purpose is to deceive and lead God’s children astray. There is only one of two camps we fall into, God’s army or Satan militia. There is no neutral camp; NATO only exists in world governance. We either belong to God with the Lord Jesus as our king or we are of the devil our father, and Jesus put it to us like this in the gospel of John, “you are of your father the devil, and your will is to do your father's desires.”
As children of God and because love now constrains us we must seek out the Fathers will for our lives. It is not mystical, it is not some strange dream or vision we need to find to purpose our lives, and I say again it is not mystical. Why? Because God has spoken to us in these lasts day through his Son;  “Long ago, at many times and in many ways, God spoke to our fathers by the prophets, but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed the heir of all things, through whom also he created the world.” (Hebrews 1:1-2) I warn you and ask all to be careful not to take whatever seems edible into your mouths. “Fruit of the poisonous tree” is a legal metaphor in the United States used to describe evidence that is obtained illegally. The logic of the terminology is that if the source of the evidence (the "tree") is tainted, then anything gained from it (the "fruit") is as well. In other words, whatever comes from Satan no matter how edible it may appear because he is tainted his fruit will also be tarnished? He will often appear as an angel of light to deceive even the elect if possible. Deceived simply means to be misled, so we think it is the truth but in fact it is a lie. However when “Sound Doctrine” is our staple diet and we are quick in running to God’s word like the early church to see if what is being said is actually true, then we will be secure and find solace. Let us be astute and diligent in examining scripture. Let me now give you actual warnings in God’s Word that will backup what I am saying.
“For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;” (2Timothy 4:3) 
Here you see sound doctrine in not high on their agenda, we see the time for this will be in the last days, and why will they do this? For their own lusts!
“God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him.” -John Piper
It has always been about God’s will and His plan; we need to find His will for our lives...
 “Not everyone that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? And in thy name have cast out devils? And in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.”
Here we see many prophesiers, miracle workers, those professing to cast out devils and many other wonderful works all done in the name of Jesus. The Lord will then turn to all of them and what comes out of His mouth is terrifying, “I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.” (Matthew 7:21-23) 
Even our great Lord in the Garden of Gethsemane prayed, “if it be possible let this cup pass from me, but not my will bit yours be done.”
We do not need to be running after strange fire and Fruit from the “poisonous tree”, the Word who is the Lord Jesus (the Word became flesh and dwelt amongst men) is more than sufficient to get us home, but it is only those who do the will of the Father that will make it to the Celestial City.
I beg of you to see my heart in this matter please view me as a brother looking out for his siblings and not as an ogre looking to pull the plug on the party.
May the good Shepherd lead us in the path of righteousness to do our Fathers Will bringing glory to his Holy name?

Signing off

Tyrone



No comments: