The link to my book - Destroy and Deliver (Autobiography)

Sunday 10 October 2010

Sons of God




(Galatians 3:26) “For ye are all sons of God, through faith, in Christ Jesus.
Moses introduced the Law after his divine appointment on the top of a mountain where God gave him in person; explicate instructions on how his people were to live as he introduced the Ten Commandments. They laws were exact and if broken there would be consequences. Hasn’t life taught us all, that for every action there is a reaction! We have all without exception experienced this truth. Life has dealt most, if not all some hard blows, but more often than not it was a bad choice that resulted in the outcome. Moses had a divine appointment with God and when he returned his face shone. It shone with such brilliance that the people asked him to veil it. You see, when an encounter happens with God Almighty and with Jesus Christ His Son it is a life changing experience. How could it be anything else? The fruit of our meet must and will change the way we think and act, if it does not then it could not have been a real encounter. There is a way we can measure if this encounter at salvation was real or just an experience that we thought we needed to explore. Just as Moses face shone when he came off the mountain and all the people that saw him could not look upon him. Do your family and friends now shy away from you as you discuss our great Saviour, do they frown upon your new found zeal (enthusiasm). There is an easy way to test our apparent new commitment we now have with this merciful and gracious God, yes you got it, it is from the Word of God, the Bible has the answer and Paul is the one who teachers it. There was for a specific encounter that they as a church and believers within the congregation had to deal with a specific topic. It was how they dealt with it, why Paul commends them. I would like us to glean from this portion of scripture on a personal level. Which each of the members of that church would have to have done!
“For the sorrow which God gives is the cause of salvation through a change of heart, in which there is no reason for grief: but the sorrow of the world is a cause of death. For you see what care was produced in you by this very sorrow of yours before God, what clearing of yourselves, what wrath against sin, what fear, what desire, what serious purpose, what punishment. In everything you have made it clear that you are free from sin in this business.” (2Corinthians 7:10-11) 
It is an easy exercise that we can apply in self examination with no one else and their opinions, just you, the mirror and an almighty God.
Having looked at myself in my mirror, I conclude that I am not perfect in my application to the above examinations, but I am however applying it in some form or another to my life. What do I mean? Let’s look at them individually.
How have I cleared myself? Where I have offended, have asked for forgiveness and not only before my heavenly Father but from those whom I have offended. The lifestyle I once live and the places I frequented I no longer habitually visit. Why? Because, if I visit places that once caused me to sin, the potential of me sinning again is a real possibility and I do not want to sin against the One who died for me. I have a desire that drives me to seek out scripture that feeds my soul; it is wonderful when truth jumps out at you on a page. What now drives me? Is it the latest fad or Hollywood and one of their latest releases, is it cars or fashion? Sure, these have a part to play in my life, but they do not drive me. The unadulterated gospel and finding my place in the body of Christ is often the thought that occupies my mind. Of course there is room for improvement! I think there always will be, as long as we are alive in this world. It is the last point that I am found wanting; what punishment (revenge) have I taken on those things that kept me in the dark; they kept me from seeing the truth, all those decoys in my life which robbed me of my spiritual sight. Have I purposefully gone after them like a hunter after its prey, am I seeking revenge on that sin that kept me from my glorious Saviour? Do I feel so dirty and almost unable to find forgiveness for indulging in them? I stress the point almost! In some areas most definitely, but not all areas, it should not be this way! It must change and it will by God’s grace change. At salvation some 22 years ago it was such a radical event that by defaults it was a total change for me. But, as time marched on, little things creep back into my lives and I begin to accommodate things I once never did, we must examine ourselves daily! It will be for our good, never forget that our God is for us and not against us.
We must in childlike faith believe His word, follow His example and it will be well with our souls.
“For ye are all sons of God, through faith, in Christ Jesus.”
All those who have repented and are truly born again, let us not be driven by feelings or our apparent emotions, we must all be gripped with faith and believe our God and His word remembering that all He has said has and will still come to pass. Believe it we must! Following His instruction is not negotiable. Nothing will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord. Believe it and walk in faith.

Signing off

Tyrone

No comments: