The link to my book - Destroy and Deliver (Autobiography)

Wednesday 26 November 2014

Love conquers all!

I have a recurring dream that often haunts me, lions looking to devour me with me frantically trying to flee their quest. It is a tiring dream and just the other day I woke up with a new understanding regarding my chasers. God had conquered all, why worry; I say bring that dream on again and by God’s grace I will turn and fight and not take flight in such a cowering manner. A young lion came at Samson and he did not run for the hills but turned and ripped him to shreds; “Then Samson went down with his father and mother to Timnah, and they came to the vineyards of Timnah. And behold, a young lion came toward him roaring. Then the Spirit of the LORD rushed upon him, and although he had nothing in his hand, he tore the lion in pieces as one tears a young goat. But he did not tell his father or his mother what he had done.” (Judges 14:5-6) – Is this not the same God I serve? Is it not the same Spirit that saved me? You better believe it! I serve the same God that Samson serves. I have been afforded the same privilege and so I can call upon my God in time of need and that includes my sub conscious mind, even when I am asleep God's grace is available to me, praise the name of my magnificent King, all hail King Jesus my Lord. 

I love the fresh understanding I am witnessing in my understanding of late. I am excited with the fresh realization God has afforded me, we must understand who He is, and how big He is and how much love He looks to bless His children with. It is obvious that without the mercies of God we would be blind to His splendour. I wonder how much deeper He will enlighten my appreciation as I catch glimpses of His brilliance. I pray in confidence that I have only scratched the surface. Has the realization of the greatest love affair finally gripped my heart as it should have many years ago?

Universal grace is plain for all to see and understand, both the unsaved and believer inhales the God given oxygen that sustains us, but it is only the believer that has been afforded new life through the resurrection power that God used to raise Jesus from the dead. It is one and the same! God has afforded us the privileged to call upon that power to overcome sin, the sin that once held us captive has been defeated once and for all, may this truth grip our hearts! We have been called to walk in the Spirit and we are taught that if we make this reality our own that we will not be swayed by our fleshly lusts. The lion may roar but once we call upon the resurrection power of our great Saviour His Spirit will come upon us no differently to Samson’s experience and we will overcome and rip that temptation to pieces as we take revenge on the sin that once took us at will.

Christ has overcome and we must understand that all power has been given unto Him and He is on our side, we must learn to trust Him and give Him due benevolence. All we need to do is believe in Him and call upon Him in time of need. There is nothing mystical required, no hocus-pocus chant needed; we need only believe in Him and His finished work which God the Father has sealed by raising Christ from the dead! Even though the machinations of our own hearts may look to beguile us, Christ has overcome, we need only trust Him. If we are no longer under the law but freed from its curse let our new liberty serve God with great delight and as Charles Spurgeon would say, as we have come to understand this great miracle, “Lord what would you have me do?”

God is who He is and will always act according to who He is. This is why when Moses asked God who He was, this was His reply; "I AM WHO I AM." We must wrestle to wear the cloaks of His righteousness in our daily sanctification. It may not always pan out the way we wish it too, but let us keep short accounts of our shortcomings before a Holy God; “This is the message we have heard from him and proclaim to you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all. If we say we have fellowship with him while we walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth. But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus his Son cleanses us from all sin. If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.” (1John 1:5-10)

Wherever we see His light let us learn to run to it and not from it, Amen!   


Signing off


Tyrone 

No comments: