The link to my book - Destroy and Deliver (Autobiography)

Tuesday 25 November 2014

God's brilliance

When we look to magnify something that escapes the naked eye, we put it under a microscope, which makes something look bigger than it actually is. A.W.Tozer teaches us that when we say “magnify the Lord with me”, it doesn’t mean we look to make Him bigger than He is. Because it is impossible to make God bigger than He is. It rather means let us strive to see HIM somewhere near as big as He is. This then is where every child of God needs like Jacob to wrestle with His God and by help dedicate ourselves to this worthy cause.

Believing God when the chips are down is our only true test; does the winepress produce grape juice if there is no pressure applied to the grape? What of the olive, does it not bring forth the sweetest of its oil when pressed hard by two mill stones? In like manner we will never appreciate the sweet saving grace of our Saviour’s hand if we do not experience similar pressure.

“God does what he does because He is what He is”! (A.W.Tozer) – Let that resonate deep with our being, for when it does it will change our perception toward God and His everlasting mercies. It will never be about stuff and God added, but rather God and whatever we have been given will be overshadowed by His goodness. Do you see the difference in reasoning? God who is good knows how to give good gifts unto His children. Where do we see independence in that reality? I am sick to the core, how so many have been taken and even taught by leading members within the body of Christ, that we must help ourselves, RUBBISH! God who is full and perfect in goodness requires us to trust His word and in faith believe Him. Nothing needs to accompany that truth. Elijah was without food and God sent ravens to feed him! Why do we have so little faith, I am convinced it is because we lack faith in Him, Please forgive this generation Father God for our lack of understanding. But I will not leave my cry there Father God, move amongst your children and begin in your goodness to change our perception of your majestic perfect existence, which has no beginning nor end. How small we are and how grand you are!

Have we even begun to scratch the surface of faith? I suppose most must have made a small indentation into the truth of that certainty or we would still be dead in our trespasses and sins, but for those who are born again all have a portion of faith but in many cases a microscope is needed to see that reality, when we compare ourselves to those saints of old; “Women received back their dead by resurrection. Some were tortured, refusing to accept release, so that they might rise again to a better life. Others suffered mocking and flogging, and even chains and imprisonment. They were stoned, they were sawn in two, they were killed with the sword. They went about in skins of sheep and goats, destitute, afflicted, mistreated-- of whom the world was not worthy--wandering about in deserts and mountains, and in dens and caves of the earth.” (Hebrews 11:35-38) - God forgive our unbelief.  Do we believe that if we are taught that as it was in the days of Noah so will it be with the coming of the Son of man? Sin rife then and widespread even now, a very similar time. We must trim our lanterns! Enough is my cry! It must be time to take revenge on so much deception that once held us captive. With God all things are possible, therefore if we are with God how then will not all things be possible for those who belong to Him. If we reflect his image, both saved and unsaved, for he created man in His image, male and female He created them. How much more will we reflect the image of the resurrected Christ if we truly learn to walk by faith? I am so excited about where God the Holy Spirit is leading me I just pray I will be obedient to His bearing and not veer to the left when times get tough.

Does not God require us to believe Him? Some may see confidence in Him as arrogance; I feel for them, does not the Word instruct us to approach Him with boldness (confidence), not like a timid jackal looking to steal from the lions kill, NO! We have been freed by the work of our great Saviour to self-assuredly approach God for He is good and delights in the prayers of His saints. Does not the Apostle James teach us a similar pattern? “If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him. But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea that is driven and tossed by the wind. For that person must not suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord; he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways.” (James 1:5-8) - Let us not mistake our lack of faith for reverence.

The kindest man to ever live was the Lord Jesus and we have been sanctified by His blood. If we are born of the Spirit! How does one reconcile the fact that He died for my sin and became sin because of me? My penalty was put on Him, my debauchery, my toil with wine, women and song; He paid the price for all of it, including the sins I am yet to commit. My mind cries, impossible! And yet it is as accurate as something machined lathed to perfection. Now I could have one of two approaches to my sin to illustrate a point; I could wallow in self-pity for sinning against God, but if I didn’t sin I would be outside the mercies of God. I am taught that He who is forgiven much will love much. So I now learn from Tozer to thank God for my sin. Not so I would carry on in my sin but rather to help me realize my dependency upon this perfect God, my Father!

We are quick to judge others and excuse ourselves; but God is quick to forgive, He has the kindliest of hearts; consider the story of the prodigal son in Luke chapter 15. Who wrote it? God did! Wow a man who blundered all, it sounds so familiar and yet His kindness is quick to forgive, this is the God I serve, praise His name!

We need to learn to give Him due benevolence in every area of our lives, God only and not God and!

Signing off

Tyrone     


No comments: