The link to my book - Destroy and Deliver (Autobiography)

Tuesday 11 March 2014

Not long now...

(1Corinthians 13:10)  “But when the perfect comes, the partial will pass away.”

How often have you noticed when speaking to other Christians that our emphasis is often misplaced when we talk about getting to heaven? If the truth be told I know we do not understand what that really means, as our understanding has been veiled by this corruptible body of decay, our flesh!

The Apostle Paul teaches us that our sight is obscured; we only get glimpses of heaven through the eyes of faith and yet I wonder after so many years why so many still apply their faith in a childish manner. Why is it that we haven’t given up our childish ways? Oh how I thank God for our helper, God the Holy Spirit! The One that leads us into all truth! For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I have been fully known.” (1Corinthians 13:12) 

What inspired Paul or any of the other Apostles to lay down their lives even unto death? They understood that they were fully known there could not have been any obvious hidden agendas in their lives; they were sold out for Christ. We all have many struggles, and that is undoubtedly by design; it is what we need in our lives to keep us crying out unto our God. Without these challenges in life we would not yell out for help. But I must confess that at times the pressures of life seem unbearable, but when I correct my focus I am wiser than that, as life’s tests are working together for my good. It is amazing how often I look for sin in my life to explain the reason why certain things are happening. It’s as if, I constantly believe myself to be under God’s discipline! “For everyone who asks receives, and the one who seeks finds, and to the one who knocks it will be opened. What father among you, if his son asks for a fish, will instead of a fish give him a serpent; or if he asks for an egg, will give him a scorpion? If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will the heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!" (Luke 11:10-13) 

We must reason with soberness but it sure gets muddled at times; but only when I think like a child! Sin or unbelief is a wicked trap in our lives! That is why we must always look to our heavenly Father in hope of the resurrection; the day when this mortal body will take on immortality.

In order to fuel our hope we must reason correctly, we must not place our ultimate anticipation in heaven and the streets of gold, or the many mansions, but rather that we will forever be with our Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ; "Let not your hearts be troubled. Believe in God; believe also in me. In my Father's house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also. (John 14:1-3) – The main emphasis is not on heaven itself, but rather that we will be with Him. We will forever be able to have fellowship with Him; we will be in the best of company for all eternity. This then is what must fuel our faith! No wonder the Apostles were so willing to die for their faith, and more than that they did die!

May God help us all to put off our childish outlook on life. It will be better to be in hell with the Lord Jesus than to be in a place like heaven without Him and without our heavenly Father. This is the gift God has offered to every child of God who remains faithful unto the end! The prize is not merely heaven, but our Saviour will take us unto Himself! How I long for that day, even so come quickly Lord Jesus! 

For this truth to remain constant in a believer’s life, with all the cares of this life pressing hard upon us, it is imperative to wrestle to find God’s grace in time of need. It is not a given per say, we must seek it out in earnest. Remember Jacob’s tenacity! He wrestled with an angel for hours before receiving a blessing, how feeble I am at times! I know it cost Jacob a limp for the rest of his life, but that is a very small price to pay when we consider where he is. He is in the presence of the Lord Jesus Christ having fellowship with Him. Hope no longer needed in his life. We still live and breathe, our hope still remains but there will come a day when we too will be in the presence of our great Saviour, to ever be with Him! “Therefore lift your drooping hands and strengthen your weak knees, and make straight paths for your feet, so that what is lame may not be put out of joint but rather be healed.” (Hebrews 12:12-13)   

May God help us not to be overtaken by the cares of this life, because before we know it, it will all be over. I recall as a young boy looking at older men and thinking they are old! Time stands still for no man, I am almost fifty! How time flies. Hang in there child of God, our God will see us home! Believe it we must! Before we know it we will be with our Saviour and in His presence for all perpetuity!

Signing off

Tyrone



No comments: