The link to my book - Destroy and Deliver (Autobiography)

Saturday 8 March 2014

To be content...

For us who now belong to the only true God, to those who are fortunate enough to cry Abba Father! We must all eventually arrive at this conclusion; our God is a consuming fire and His brilliance is so majestic and powerful that we are unable to come into His presence as men in the flesh, for if we did, we would literally disintegrate in His presence. Remember Moses’ account with God, how God hid him in the cleft of a rock for this exact reason. However with that said we also know that He deals with us as sons and not bastards! For this reason we are not only able but are entitled to cry Abba Father!  This places a totally different dimension on man’s (Christians) relationship with a God of such magnitude. But it also brings in an element that the Christian often tends to overlook, which is God’s chastisement into our lives. This aspect to God’s relationship with His children is of crucial benefit and importance to the believer. Without it we cannot claim to be His children! I daren’t go into the exact implication God uses to work this out in a believers life, which I will leave to God the Holy Spirit to convict and reveal the necessary in a believers heart. But I will be so bold to deal with the truth of this text as I understand it!

Far too often in times past I prayed for something to be gone from my life as if it has no place in it; why was it there? While in fact my actions had caused the result! A consequence to an action! Stop blaming God for the position you find yourself in, when in fact you are exactly where you need to be. A man may say, “why is my money dried up, I had an abundance not so long ago.” He spent it on debauched living, why would he even bother to ask the question? And yet our hearts are so wicked it is often the first retort! Remember the prodigal son! It was only when he came to his senses that the oil and the wine was poured into his wounded heart and the healing process kicked in. God in His brilliance, taking an absolutely hopeless situation and using it for the good of the perpetrator; ultimately bring glory to His name. I said eventually! Remember Samson, he may have lost both eyes, but when he came to his sanities, he called out unto the Lord his God and he killed more philistines in his death than his life!

I have made far too many mistakes in my life to mention them all, but through them I trust I can help others understand the consequence to so many bad errors will result in exactly that, “the baggage of the past”!  Nevertheless we must ask God to help us accept our wrongs, He most certainly does forgive those who truly repent, but to try and pray away our situation at times is nothing but folly! For me to ask God to heal me from HIV when in fact I was the one who ignored the warnings, I certainly have asked for forgiveness, which every true believer will search out, this should be obvious because without forgiveness we will never be able to cry Abba Father!  But, to ask the question why, when in fact we are aware of our actions when playing them out; it is imperative to seek out God’s grace to differentiate between the two, forgiveness and consequence! We must all find rest in the finished work of our Saviour; the Apostle Paul teaches us this lesson, if only we would learn from him; Not that I am speaking of being in need, for I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content. I know how to be brought low, and I know how to abound. In any and every circumstance, I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and need. I can do all things through him who strengthens me.” (Philippians 4:11-13)

Signing off


Tyrone 

No comments: