The link to my book - Destroy and Deliver (Autobiography)

Tuesday 25 March 2014

Seek in order to find...

Does one have to give a little to receive a little? “To be or not to be” is what I am asking! There has been much to do with the word “karma”, does fate happen regardless of our actions or is the saying “what goes around comes around” more apt to us in everyday life. That then is the question I need relief from; or rather it is God’s retort I seek. There is no better person to inquire from than God the Holy Spirit. I am convinced I shall find an answer by searching the scriptures as He leads me into His truth.

 I am told in scripture that I must seek in order to find, so hunting it shall be!  "Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and the one who seeks finds, and to the one who knocks it will be opened.” (Matthew 7:7-8)

How often have I read a truth from the bible, sincerely believing it and yet as I sit and consider my application to its instruction, I am found wanting… Let me explain; I must have considered this exact verse several times over the past week and in part I have involved my application into its instruction, but I have made a feeble attempt in what I wanted to call my application of faith to its tuition. I have glibly knocked, but not been persistent with my knocking. Remember the Lords parents; Mary was about to come into labour, so whilst in Bethlehem they (Mary and Joseph) sort out accommodation so that she could give birth, but all the inns were full, they eventually found a manger and not an inn. What can I learn from this? Although they sought out a particular place they found another. They knocked on the doors of various inns but they were all full. Nevertheless through their persistence they found alternative accommodation; God gave them a barn instead!

We do not always get what we want and yet we will still receive what is required to get the job done. The difference between our wants and our needs on display by this marvellous example! It wouldn’t be far from them to expect the penthouse, why not, the King of kings was about to be born, being real about this, why Not? But God had a different idea…  

We must knock in order to find, we must seek before we can knock and then we must be thankful for the door that opens even if it is a barn door. Our lives must begin to reflect gratefulness to whatever God chooses to give us on a daily basis. It is about His will and not our wants!

Teach me Lord to apply this principle to my life with thanks giving I pray. I too like the Apostle Paul wish to, with confidence, make this statement; “For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong.” (2Corinthians 12:10) – And, it is through suffering that I will learn to become obedient; “Although he was a son, he learned obedience through what he suffered.” (Hebrews 5:8) – Then finally when I come to accept this truth and your instruction which is always for your children’s benefit I will by your grace accept my fate and be content wherever I may find myself; there will be no more clutching at straws. Grasping for hope in what is nothing but hopelessness!

With that in mind, no wonder Paul could with assurance make these bold declarations; “As it is written, "Whoever gathered much had nothing left over, and whoever gathered little had no lack."” (2Corinthians 8:15) – And - “Not that I am speaking of being in need, for I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content. I know how to be brought low, and I know how to abound. In any and every circumstance, I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and need. I can do all things through him who strengthens me.” (Philippians 4:11-13)

This morning I inquired about a particular answer to prayer, I knocked on heaven’s door as I searched out scripture to find an answer to my current predicament. Yesterday I lacked understanding but today my question has been answered, a door has been opened unto me, I must confess it was not the door my flesh was hoping for, but nevertheless I have clarity of mind, my prayer has been solved! I must be content with my predicament, although times are tough my God is looking out for me, and for that I am most grateful. All Hail King Jesus!

A man once said to me, “you know Tyrone a leopard cannot change his spots”, too true I must confess; BUT GOD can most certainly achieve the impossible! A leopards spots are no match for the One who in fact created the leopard with its spots. We must learn to trust our Father with our lives, help us then I pray to find the grace in our lives to put our total trust in your finished work as we rely on our great Saviour, praise the majestic name of Jesus Christ our Lord!

Signing off

Tyrone



No comments: