The link to my book - Destroy and Deliver (Autobiography)

Wednesday 19 March 2014

Dear Lord,

Dear Lord,

It is obvious as I journey through this world of yours, that I am foreigners in a strange land, it was not always so, and sadly even after your gracious call I like Demas lost my way, forgive me Father for this! But with great joy in my heart I can with confidence declare that it is no longer so. Continue to change my perceptions pertaining to the ways of this world. Continue to “renew a right spirit in me” oh great Holy Spirit, continue to reveal the wondrous works of the cross to me, continuously reveal Jesus every minute of every day!

This then is my cry…

Just as the Lord considered not His life but laid it down for His brethren, I too pray that you would place a great resolve within my heart to lay my life down for my brethren. Just as He was a stranger in this world, I too will become a stranger to the systems of this world. As foreign as that may be, I am persuaded, I have seen enough of your tenderness in my life to know if you go with me, it will be well with my soul. What a great God I serve! You are wonderful beyond comprehension, but I am no longer foreign to you but rather known of you and for this I am most thankful. Strengthen my faith I pray, so that wherever you may lead I will follow.

Folly has had its place in my life, but it has surely run its course! The days of childlike behavior can no longer claim any part of my life; Rescue is found when we look to Jesus and no other! Praise His glorious Name! – “When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I gave up childish ways. For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I have been fully known. So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love.” (1Corinthians 13:11-13)

Help me then from here on in to focus solely on that which is of utmost importance; faith hope and love! Always remind me to look to Jesus for He is my rescue. How this world is so full of the opposite; faithlessness, dearth and hate, and they without doubt have their pull. A snake may be daunting to behold, but only if you see it with poisonous fangs! A mountaintop may be scary but only if you see jagged rocks below. BUT GOD in and though the Lord Jesus Christ has conquered all, so then death when is your sting? All hail King Jesus! Blessing can be realized but only when we pull down on the ropes of faith. The storm may rage but only outside of the realm of faith. Faith is the tool to calm any storm! Faith will not leave us hanging on a limb dangling without hope, faith feeds our hope. And what a great hope we have, one day we will forever be with the One who has conquered every negative burden that look to rob us of our call.For those whom he foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, in order that he might be the firstborn among many brothers. And those whom he predestined he also called, and those whom he called he also justified, and those whom he justified he also glorified. What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? (Romans 8:29-31)   

There is a day coming when the love of God will in totality be realised for all who cling through faith in hope to the King of kings and the Lord of lords. How I long for that day even so come quickly Lord Jesus! We have an anchor that is steadfast and true, only realise it and it will be well with your soul, Amen!

Signing off

Tyrone  


No comments: