The link to my book - Destroy and Deliver (Autobiography)

Thursday 6 March 2014

Remembering the lost...

Another early morning for me as I excitedly wait for direction form the Lord of my Life. I wonder how many people around the globe are entitled to a similar privilege. Or rather how many of my friends and acquaintances have the same fortune of waking up at 2 in the morning, sitting at their desk and conversing with the only true God? It is an open offer; “For "everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved."” (Romans 10:13) - But how many have embraced this invitation? I am forever thankful that God almighty, my heavenly Father has afforded me this opportunity, praise His Holy name! Thank you Lord Jesus for drying on Calvary for me; a wrenched sinner like me!

 I am under no illusion that on the face of it, and with human reasoning, I most certainly do not deserve salvation. I have absolutely no merit in myself, on the contrary if I look at all the times I have failed even as a Christian, why would the Lord still bother with me? If the truth be told, even as pathetic as I am, He is perfect and He will glorify His own name, for His own name sake. There may be others out there who want to throw in the towel as they feel they cannot cut it as a Christian; failure after failure seems to be the order of the day. That may probably be true; BUT GOD is able to save from the extreme to the uttermost. I can assure you He has not given up on you, even if you have given up on yourself. This is one of the reasons He came to earth to live as a man in a human body to experience the weakness of the flesh. This is why He was able to say this to Peter; Watch and pray that you may not enter into temptation. The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak."(Matthew 26:41)

He understands what it is like to live as a human. A shepherd like no other, the lion and the bear may be on the prowl looking to devour and they may even find a wandering lamb; but like prince Valiant upon his horse our Saviour always arrives in the nick of time. Just as the beast is about to sink his teeth in for the closing blow, our Knight in shining armour arrives with His flaming sword in hand coming to our rescue, praise the name of Jesus!

Even when we know we are in the place we should never be. Let us learn from these setbacks in our lives and avoid similar situations the next time around. These tests will come, as they must! We must however learn to be careful as Christians and stay away from the danger of the Fowler when we have it in our power to do just that. Do not venture into places that will test your resolve, we must go back to our “first works” as Christians, the time in our lives were we avoided the lying traps of life with such vigour. Why then after so many years do we slip back into the same routine we once avoided? The storerooms overflow with grace for every true believer, but we must come as we have been instructed to come, and that is with boldness, seeking out God’s grace in time of need.

How many faces flash through my mind’s eye of those who have come and gone, what has become of them I ponder? I am persuaded of this one fact if they were truly saved I will of a certainty see them on the other side, clothed in white. Do they lie desolate in some damp corner as life rips away as their faith, they are weak but He is strong! I beseech all my brothers and sisters in Christ to stop and consider those who once were but now seem to be no more, pause and pray for them with an earnest expectation, as we have been instructed to pray for one another, it is the way of the Christian! Remember them now and cry out to our God on their behalf! Be wary to disregard them as lost and forgotten, our God has not written them off; you may have but He hasn't! “A bruised reed he will not break, and a smoldering wick he will not quench, until he brings justice to victory;” (Matthew 12:20)

It is love that covers a multitude of sins, just as Christ has loved us,  we ort also to love others…

I will leave us with this thought from our brother Jude;keep yourselves in the love of God, waiting for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ that leads to eternal life. And have mercy on those who doubt; save others by snatching them out of the fire; to others show mercy with fear, hating even the garment stained by the flesh.” (Jude 1:21-23) 

Signing off

Tyrone








No comments: