The link to my book - Destroy and Deliver (Autobiography)

Monday 12 December 2011

O people, pour out your heart before Him!


(Psalm 62:7-8) “On God rests my salvation and my glory; my mighty rock, my refuge is God. Trust in him at all times, O people; pour out your heart before him; God is a refuge for us. Selah”

“In God is my salvation and my glory. Where our salvation is there our glory is; for what is our salvation but the glory to be revealed, the eternal weight of glory? And there our glorying must be. In God let us boast all the day long. “The rock of my strength (that is, my strong rock, on which I build my hopes and stay myself) and my refuge, to which I flee for shelter when I am pursued, is in God, and in him only. I have no other to flee to, no other to trust to; the more I think of it the better satisfied I am in the choice I have made.” Thus does he delight himself in the Lord, and then ride upon the high places of the earth, Isa_58:14.” (Matthew Henry)

How is it we should ever put our trust in uncertain riches and yet so many do. We may claim to be amongst the number that does not trust in unsure riches but is that really the truth, do we honestly share David’s sentiment? I long to be more like our brother David! Do we hear the echo’s of God’s voice ringing true to our ears; “he is a man after my own heart?” Father please I pray make me more like David and even more like my great Saviour the Lord Jesus Christ. Help all your children across the globe, that are still running the race, embrace you with due benevolence. If we embrace, help us embrace tighter still! “Fill my eye oh my God with the vision of a cross” is my cry and I pray the same for all who have your Spirit. It seems so easy to get lost in translation in this world, forgive me Lord! How I long for that glorious day when I will see you face to face.

I sit in the still of the night and I too echo the words of my brother John Newton; “Amazing grace how sweet the sound that saved a wretch like me.” It is almost unconceivable and yet it is true, how great is my God and his mercies beyond finding out! This thought even now is sweeter than honey in the rock, bless your glorious name sweet Jesus; without your obedience and your willingness to die on that cruel Roman cross I would be like a dumb ostrich with my head in the sand, but now I have eyes that can see and for this I am truly grateful! When I gaze into the beauty of the vast sea and the fruitful mountain range I stand in awe when I see your creation and it cause me to cry out, “how great is my God!” Many will attribute creation to some other god or choose to worship the creation not acknowledging the creator.

My lips will proclaim and declare that Jesus is Lord and I acknowledge Him as the Word of God, the method used for all of  creation, bless His name!

Magnificent Holy Father what would be my destination if you did not love? Hell and all its torment would be just on the horizon awaiting my last breathe. I struggle to convey with words how thankful I am, but I have been given a glimpse of what it meant for you to send your Son to die for me on Calvary. THANK YOU FATHER GOD!

When we ask we do receive, I now knock and look for this great door to now open in my life like never before, Lord Jesus a pray for a portion of your obedience, help me live a more obedient life bringing glory to our great Father! He alone is worthy, so worthy and I feel so undeserving. I understand that I have been saved by grace through faith which is not of works lest any man should boast and that it is a gift of God. I have nevertheless been instructed by Paul to present my body a living sacrifice and I ask for you to help me with this request. Awaken those parts which sleep, give me eyes to see and ears to pay attention as each day passes me by.

Yes I have made many mistakes, but let those mistakes grow strangely dim and help the light that once shined bright and clear to once again shine, bringing glory to my great Father and to your Holy name, Amen!

You are forever faithful help me walk by faith, heaven is just on the horizon I can almost see it!

“Heaven is a place where we shall never sin; where we shall cease our constant watch against an indefatigable enemy, because there will be no tempter to ensnare our feet. There the wicked cease from troubling, and the weary are at rest. Heaven is the “undefiled inheritance”; it is the land of perfect holiness, and therefore of complete security. But do not the saints even on earth sometimes taste the joys of blissful security? The doctrine of God’s word is, that all who are in union with the Lamb are safe; that all the righteous shall hold on their way; that those who have committed their souls to the keeping of Christ shall find him a faithful and immutable preserver. Sustained by such a doctrine we can enjoy security even on earth; not that high and glorious security which renders us free from every slip, but that holy security which arises from the sure promise of Jesus that none who believe in him shall ever perish, but shall be with him where he is. Believer, let us often reflect with joy on the doctrine of the perseverance of the saints, and honour the faithfulness of our God by a holy confidence in him.
May our God bring home to you a sense of your safety in Christ Jesus! May he assure you that your name is graven on his hand; and whisper in your ear the promise, “Fear not, I am with thee.” Look upon him, the great Surety of the covenant, as faithful and true, and, therefore, bound and engaged to present you, the weakest of the family, with all the chosen race, before the throne of God; and in such a sweet contemplation you will drink the juice of the spiced wine of the Lord’s pomegranate, and taste the dainty fruits of Paradise. You will have an antepast of the enjoyments which ravish the souls of the perfect saints above, if you can believe with unstaggering faith that “faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it.” (Charles Spurgeon)

Signing off

Tyrone






No comments: