The link to my book - Destroy and Deliver (Autobiography)

Tuesday 20 December 2011

Our Ever Conquering King!


(Psalm 73:24-26) “My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.”

It is that time of the year again where I see many holiday goers reading books, but not many; in fact no one that I have notice has been reading the Bible, in public anyway.

When I consider the greatest of all Books, the Bible, I must conclude that although the book in itself is unadulterated and full of Godly wisdom, it is not the book that changes a person but paragraphs from it. Portions of text jump out at us and in its season, it is life changing. There is no greater book on the planet! And it is the Bible that we must look to devour with all our hearts. I would say read only the Bible, but then I would be speaking in contradictions as I pen a blog and hope people read it. However the purpose I have in writing is to point people to the Word of God and nothing else and hopefully a portion of what is penned, under the unction of the Holy Spirit jumps out and changes a life forever.

We all see through a glass darkly and only know in part, but my prayer would be that I end my days as a man that bleeds bible, a man that is always looking for direction from God’s Word and not from the opinions of men. I will accept the fact that I have often been very shallow in understanding when considering certain topics, but we all grow in knowledge and in faith, it is a process. The objective for life is to know the difference between man-centered moralizing and God-centered meanings behind the Word of God. It must help us understand our great Saviour with purpose. The Lord Jesus is the Word of God!

To be a man or woman that would leave a legacy behind as that of John Bunyan; C.H.Spurgeon had this to say about him; “prick him anywhere, and you will find that his blood is bibline.” If any Christian book does not bleed the bible it is of no value. The bible is a never-ending fountain of life, but it is the verse or paragraph that one is encapsulated by under the power of the greatest of teachers, God the Holy Spirit that changes lives as it takes us into a deeper meaningful relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ, bless and praise His name now and forever more! All we need is a seed from it to germinate, take root and before long we are eating from the abundance of its fruit, not only do we feed ourselves but those we come into contact with also enjoy their palatable nourishments.

John Piper puts it like this, “God is most magnified in us when we are most satisfied in Him.” There is nothing capable of robbing us from this truth, and it is a paragraph from the bible that teachers us this; “For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.” (Romans 8:38-39): - But until this these verses become our own, what help will they be to us if they fall on deaf ears? However if it becomes a reality in our lives, what could ever hinder our love for our great Lord and Master? As the text teachers nothing will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Father God I pray that we would fall more in love with the darling of heaven, our great and merciful Saviour, open our eyes I pray that He would burn bright and clear and that the cares of this world would grow strangely dim. More of Christ, much more of Him! My pray then goes out to you my great Saviour as I know you would be saying much more of my Father, help us to embrace our God with open arms and to pay Him due benevolence, He is so worthy, Hallowed be His name and His will be done! “You guide me with your counsel, and afterward you will receive me to glory. Whom have I in heaven but you? And there is nothing on earth that I desire besides you. My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. (Psalm 73:24-26)

Remember when we embrace the Word of God we embrace the Lord Jesus.  

Signing off

Tyrone



No comments: