The link to my book - Destroy and Deliver (Autobiography)

Sunday 11 December 2011

Ask and we will receive!


(Psalm 62:2) “For God alone my soul waits in silence; from him comes my salvation.
He only is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be greatly shaken.”

When David’s psalm becomes our reality when we ask will receive, seek and we shall find, and finally knock and the door will be opened to us. Like we have all learnt to understand, the proof is in the pudding. When we ask, let it be with diligence and with sincerity and we will receive what we ask for. 

However our request must be in line with the Lord’s will, He must receive all the glory and we know that the Lord Jesus must be in the forefront of our minds when we ask. It is when we learn to ask in the name of the Lord that we will be heard, if we ask amiss we will not receive our request, as it discounts the work of Calvary. James puts it like this; “You desire and do not have, so you murder. You covet and cannot obtain, so you fight and quarrel. You do not have, because you do not ask. You ask and do not receive, because you ask wrongly, to spend it on your passions.” (James 4:2-3)

When we ask with the mind of Christ, how will we not be heard, it would be impossible! We must ask in faith, why? Because God has so ordain it for us to ask! We must never tempt God and test His Word to prove whether or not it will come to pass, is shall come to pass!

It is beautiful when we see our prayers being answered. Forgive me Father for this consideration; it is in itself evil; it speaks of surprise as if it is almost unbelievable. Surprise should be the furthers thought from our minds, God loves to bless his children, why else would He have sent His only begotten Son to pay the price for our sins, and that was when we were the enemies of the cross. Sinners and haters of God! We are now His children and are capable of crying “ABBA FATHER”, what a wonderful privilege!

We must ask in order to receive; the time to remain silent must be yesterday problem, today is the day of salvation, let us seize the day in Christ by asking our heavenly Father for blessings that makes us more like our glorious Saviour; this is the call for all who believe in their hearts that God rose Christ from the dead and for them who now confess Jesus as Lord.

It is when we learn to ask with purpose that our requests make us become more dependants on God and our beloved Saviour the Lord Jesus. This then helps us reach our final objective and that is to Glorify God even in our mortal bodies; we will become living epistles known and read by all men.

If we ask God to watch over us, He certainly will, if we pray that He sends his angels to look out for us on a dangerous journey, they certainly shall protect us and we will never beg bread!

On Friday morning I prayed to my heavenly Father in the name of Jesus Christ my Lord and asked Him to watch over us on our journey down to Plettenburg Bay; it was a simple prayer and went something like this; “Please Father watch over us on our travels and please send your angels to prepare the way, keeping us safe, and thank you for hearing my prayer, Amen!”

About 2 hours into our journey at around 4:15 am with the visibility still very poor with the sun still hidden below the horizon. The road was no longer a dual carriageway but had narrow into a single lane with a no barrier separating the oncoming traffic. The road although reasonably quite had its fair share or trucking, with Mongi in the passenger seat and Laverne, my sister in the back seat. I approached a blind rise and for no particular reason (some would conclude) felt myself sit up more astutely as I gave the corner more attention than I normally would. As I came around the corner a truck was overtaking another truck and I realised we were on a collision course, a head on accident imminent with certain death on the cards. However I felt an amazing calm flicked my lights vigorously and then move over onto the shoulder of the road as both trucks passed me. They had occupied the entire road as I now hugged the fringe.

Now some would conclude this as a coincidence, but I will not entertain such a wicked thought. I am thankful for the answer to my prayer, God did send his angels to watch over us and we were kept safe. I asked and I received, what would have happened if I had not asked, that is uncertain so let us deal with the facts. I did ask just as we have been instructed to do and I did receive. Why did I receive? Firstly, I believe that God would watch over us and my prayer was a prayer of faith, believing I would be heard. Secondly, God now receives all the glory as I thank Him for his mercy and his grace. Although we were the beneficiaries of His grace, He is the One would receives the glory, I cannot now claim that I missed the truck because I have great driving skill, I am now aware that I missed the truck because God had placed certain parameters in place to help us avoid the accident. My prayer was heard, I asked and I received, praise the mighty name of Jesus, all honour and glory belongs to our great God and our King now and forevermore, Amen!

We must learn to ask, so that we may be built up in faith; it is the just that shall live by faith!

Signing off

Tyrone

No comments: