The link to my book - Destroy and Deliver (Autobiography)

Wednesday 21 December 2011

Child-like Faith!


(Matthew 9:29) "According to your faith be it done to you."

I am learning, although rather slowly, but with absolute certainty to be grateful for God’s faithfulness in my life. When we ask with intent we most certainly receive! Just as we are taught by God’s Word. Assumptions must be classed as an enemy of the cross. What then is an assumption? Something that is believed to be true without proof and it carries with it a certain amount of guess work, “will I or wont I”? James is very specific with his teaching; it is the prayer of the faithful that we must follow and learn in like manner to imitate their example with even a greater zeal than the day before. God our Father has so established this truth for all of His children and He beckons all to come unto Him, in and through this wonderful Redeemer of ours, the one and only Lord Jesus Christ, praise His name and again I say Praise His glorious name!

Last night was a night of troublesome dreams; deception the theme, and therefore I woke with a heavy heart, feeling somewhat troubled. Instinctively I had a need to call out to God for help, and I could say “low and behold” but that statement would reflect doubt. No! Rather faithfully God poured out a measure of His grace to my troublesome heart as I cried out to Him, praise His name! I now sit with a peace upon my heart that surpasses all understanding. Why? I believed that I would be heard as I was heard and God in His mercy abundantly pour out a measure of grace as my initial mourning has now turned to joy, thank you Father God. Your love is never ending and for it I am ever thankful. Ask and we shall receive, is not a probability but rather a certainty. So long as what we ask for is fused with faith.

“…The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working.” (James 5:16)

It is not as if we in ourselves through our own merits could ever qualify us as a righteous person, we had been made righteous through the shed blood of the lamb, through our great Saviours accomplishments on Calvary and nothing else. He has sanctified us! It is when we learn to believe this truth that we begin to walk by faith. We may all say we believe, but if we have doubt then we are double minded and unstable in all our ways. We are volatile Christians tossed to and fro by ever wind of doctrine. Elijah believed God and so when he prayed that it would not rain it didn’t and when he prayed for it the rain came down. There was no supposition to his prayer! He asked in faith and He received by faith!

Abraham believed God and it was accounted to him for righteousness sake. Even Rahab the harlot believed the report of who God was to be true and she was saved while those around her perished. The time for over-thinking must be placed on the back-burner and we must in simple child-like faith trust God’s Word, and call out to Him in simple faith.

Remember the Roman centurion…

“When he entered Capernaum, a centurion came forward to him, appealing to him, "Lord, my servant is lying paralyzed at home, suffering terribly." And he said to him, "I will come and heal him." But the centurion replied, "Lord, I am not worthy to have you come under my roof, but only say the word, and my servant will be healed. For I too am a man under authority, with soldiers under me. And I say to one, 'Go,' and he goes, and to another, 'Come,' and he comes, and to my servant, 'Do this,' and he does it." When Jesus heard this, he marveled and said to those who followed him, "Truly, I tell you, with no one in Israel have I found such faith. I tell you, many will come from east and west and recline at table with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven, while the sons of the kingdom will be thrown into the outer darkness. In that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth."(Matthew 8:5-12)

When the Lord Jesus teachers us as children to ask and with it makes a promise that we will receive, or if we seek we shall find and finally when we knock the door will be open to us, there are no if’s attached to what He says. We by now should understand that whatever we ask for must be in accordance with God’s will, for when it is we will most certainly receive that which we ask. God has declared it and it will come to pass! Will we believe the Lord’s teaching on the subject, believe it we must or our lives will be no different to the ostrich that continuously looks to place its head in the sand.

Simple child-like faith is my cry, please Father! Help all your children believe and increase the measure to our faith daily, Amen!

O Lord how I (we) need thee.

Signing off

Tyrone


No comments: