The link to my book - Destroy and Deliver (Autobiography)

Tuesday 30 July 2019

My Testimony


This then is my testimony; I sat in my living room at home with many unanswered questions and it wasn’t until I found myself accepting what the bible taught on face value that I was able to see; in other words only after I confessed my sin and thanked God for dying in my place was my understanding quicken to believe in the finished work of Calvary, my prayer went something like this; “Father God I have many doubts and unanswered question, people tell me I am saved yet I am not fully persuaded, however the one thing I am thankful for, I believe that Jesus is the way the truth and the life and that He paid the price for my sin.” I most certainly hadn’t understood the measure of what that meant but I at least had now caught a glimpse of that truth. The floodgates then opened as tears of joy flowed freely down my cheeks and I cried uncontrollably with tears of joy. I was blind to the purposes of life but now could see. It was such a tangible experience that I was compelled by this new unmerited favour to share it with someone else. I ran into the study and flipped through the Teledex, found Greg’s number and called him; we had travelled Europe together and almost lost our lives in Greece, I had to give him the good news, No! The greatest news I had every come to know; “Sledge (Greg) I have found the answer to life”, I bellowed into the phone, expecting a similar response from him, but to no avail but instead I only to hear, huh! What are you on about was the tone of his sigh. Not the same response to the glorious news of the Gospel, but Greg still lives, so there is yet hope. Be merciful to Greg Father I pray, save His soul, not because he deserves it but because you have it in your power to be merciful. There are many other I also pray for Bandit (Brett), Richard, Paul, Trevor, Robbie as he is closing in on his last days, what of Dosh, my sisters and there are many others that have come across my path through life, whether friend of foe all are in need of salvation as nothing else really matters.

Who can fathom the mercies of God, who can measure the depths of His love? I implore you Father God be ever so merciful, while we have breathe there is hope.

Signing off

Tyrone

No comments: