The link to my book - Destroy and Deliver (Autobiography)

Saturday 27 July 2019

Re-position


On every corner there seems to be such a rally for position, this is driven by human nature and it is not the work of the Spirit of God. God never rallies, HE IS! We on the other hand are always striving for a station, we want recognition. Such misguided drive and yet very much part of our temperament. It’s only once we become alive to Christ, understanding what he has done for us and not on a “religious” or habitual practice but a personal one

With the administration of the Spirit we now have the ability to re-channel that drive. However we must count the cost to the best of our ability. It’s one thing to prepare but quite another to formulate into the realm of the unseen. The Word of God is so crucial for our lives, we cannot for a moment disregard its instruction, for when it is ignored we will suffer loss, both in this life and the one to come. I have said it before and will say it again, “do not be fool” there is life after death, which shall be eternal. So much off God’s instruction is non-negotiable. Yes we have been saved by grace, but we are not to mistake that for license, which can easily happen if we revert back to our old habits. It’s only when we walk in the Spirit that we put to death that man of old. This is a daily battle that will have to be faced and the more we yield the duller we become, thank God for His Grace in my life. I know where I would be without the Comforters influence in my life. Here I stand but by the grace of God, thank you Jesus.

Here then is the instruction   

But I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh.” (Galatians 5:16– Listen, I have certain not arrived, nor am I suggesting that my race is run, far from it, but I will press on by the grace of God to trim my sail and re-align the rudder to my life looking to Jesus the author and finisher of my faith. It when we blink and drop our guard that we end up asking ourselves, how did I end up here? But we know the answer to that, it’s in the quoted verse.

As Christians there is a very easy way for us to examine ourselves against the will of God. Methodically work through the prayer “Our Father”, personalizing it and we will soon see where our sail needs trimming. God has open my eyes to the importance of that brilliant insight that the Lord Jesus gave to his disciples and all those looking to pay careful consideration to his instruction.

We have our teaching, will we pay careful attention to it? Remembering this whatever I pen is as much an instruction to myself as well as the reader. I am being spoken too from within. The Spirit realigning my perceptions on a daily basis, helping me to cry out to Jesus.   
   
Position in Christ is crucial if it is to end well, nothing else we help in eternity. There is much to say on this, but let me leave that open ended for now. If we continue to insist on finding a posting in Christ we must be prepared to go the way of the Master or else we may find ourselves counterfeit. The trial of life we soon test if what we declare is real. It’s easy to talk, but what about the walk?  

Jesus is the Way, the Truth and the Life and our example, period! To find solace we must lose our lives. Every other proposition will eventually lead us down the wrong road. Here then is the model to find a position in God’s kingdom which will please our heavenly Father, we must learn to rely on the finished work of Calvary; looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith. It’s not about our abilities but rather His finished work. We must learn to walk circumspectly before a Holy God. We may still be working so many areas of our lives, we may have lost many battles, just so long as we don’t lose the war, once again CHRIST HAS OVERCOME! It’s when our eyes shift that we all revert back to the weakness of our flesh, it ort not to be, but sadly at times that is our reality.

God has provided a way for all to find His forgiveness and that is through the finished work of the cross. There can be no exception, in fact many believe that they will make it to heaven some other way and sadly they will be wrong. There is only ONE who has overcome and paved the way for all to rely on. He will get us home. One thing is for sure, it will never be about me and my position, the work is FINISHED, Jesus has conquered. He conquer through death. The Christian needs to arrive at a place of complete commitment, letting go and relying on our unseen Saviour through the eyes of faith, for the same power that rose Jesus from the dead will also raise us up. Do you believe this? Then let Jesus have his way and find grace in time of need, beyond the mirages of time nothing else will every over shadow the work of Calvary. Praise the mighty name of Jesus now and forever more, Amen and Amen!

Signing off

Tyrone






No comments: