The link to my book - Destroy and Deliver (Autobiography)

Monday 25 April 2011

For your love is better than wine...


(Song of Solomon 1: 2) “For your love is better than wine...”

Do we hear the gentle whisper of our beloved, or is His voice drowned by the rumble of life. Is it like so many other relationships, seen together in public but living separate lives, or are we one with Him? Is He the one that corrects guides and caresses? Are we intimate with Him, do we share our deepest secrets, while leaning upon His shoulder? I Wonder! He was selfless and yet I am so selfish! I pray that our great God would quicken our feeble knees and our stammering lips equipping us to run to Him singing praises as we kiss our amazing Saviour, may we constantly remember His sacrificed; He came to do the will of His Father and it cost Him dearly, in fact it cost Him everything, the world with all its inhabitants eagerly swallowed up His spilt blood. Such amazingly love on display! Have we really understood, can we now hear the gentle whisper of our blessed Redeemer, are we walking side by side, hand in hand with eyes only for our companion or does our gaze peel back and forth, hoping to find something better... The thought in itself is even blasphemous. 
Search out our hearts O great God the Holy Spirit, reveal all that is perverse, all that hinders keeping us from a deeper love from our one and only true love.
There are many snares set to trap, open our eyes to them I pray. May we be quick to pack the picnic basket and venture up the hill to find a secluded place, anticipating a feast of unadulterated love with the one we and betrothed too. “Let him kiss me with the kisses of his mouth! For your love is better than wine; your anointing oils are fragrant; your name is oil poured out; therefore virgins love you. Draw me after you; let us run. The king has brought me into his chambers. We will exult and rejoice in you; we will extol your love more than wine; rightly do they love you.” (Song of Solomon 1: 2-4)

God’s law stipulates that a man and woman will come together in union and become one flesh. One man and one woman, until death do us part, is the vow. How many have broken that promise, sadly I am guilty as charged! Many of our forefathers had many wives; Solomon had 300 wives and 700 concubines, a thousand women he was intimate with. Do you think He was just with his committed to each of them? I seriously doubt it! And yet we eagerly await a marriage feast in the New Jerusalem, when the church will as the bride (all the saints), partake in the ultimate wedding feast. The thought which now grows as we deliberate is how amazing is our great Saviour ability to love, I have blundered two marriages and yet He is intimate with so many, in fact throughout history, they could not be numbered. What is even more astounding, not one of His relationships with anything perverse or tainted emotionally involved to it. Complete honest commitment for each and every one that belongs to Him. What Saviour is this we supply and love to serve? If any are in doubt about His pledge, how often do we need to find confirmation to His commitment, He too has made the pledge until death do us part, but for the believer there shall be no death, as our soul will live on for eternity, He therefore will be by our side forever. I hope this thought changes our lives from this day forth. As men struggle to be faithful to their wives, our great Husband, the Lord Jesus Christ has and will forever be faithful to millions. He has so much love to give that He still beckons all to come; “whosoever will to the Lord may come He will not turn one away.”  
Will we like Solomon cherish Him and give Him due benevolence, will we finally surrender our lives to Him and look no further afraid to miss out on some perverse union. Will we in turn prove our love to Him by having eyes for Him Only? Will we be like the Apostle John cherishing our Saviour that we too are permitted to listen to His heart beat as our heads finds rest on this breast.

O raise me, draw me. By your grace I am able. Send forth thy Holy Spirit to kindle sacred flames of love in my heart, and I will continue to rise in love to my Saviour until I leave life, time and all that hinders behind me as I indeed come away finding rest on the breast of my beloved Redeemer.

Signing off

Tyrone
  

No comments: