The link to my book - Destroy and Deliver (Autobiography)

Monday 4 April 2011

The Creator!

(Genesis 1:31) “It was very good...”

How meticulous is God? For the first time I have actually given this thought time of day. I am not sure why it has taken me so long to explore this thought with intent. How I love the mornings, the sun just about to show its glory, with birds singing and ushering in its brilliance. But what I love the most of the mornings is the different thoughts I wake up with, God the Holy Spirit plants a seed in my mind and affords me the opportunity to explore it, hence the blog!

By default I have understood that creation is a mastermind of brilliance, in fact all of mankind have been given a small glimpse into God as the Creator and deep down they know that there is a God just by witnessing creation. “For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who by their unrighteousness suppress the truth. For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them. For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse.” (Romans 1:18-20)

It is clearly evident that even the atheist has been created with this knowledge, so he to is without excuse. Even if he may pretend to say he believes that there is no God, all it really proves is that he is a liar! It is not up the created to determine how he is created by up to the Creator how he chooses to create.

You may think that is quite a brash statement; Let us think about that and then reason it out. Let’s keep it simple; I am a potter and I have a lump of clay. Who will then determine the outcome of the finished product? The potter or the clay! The answers is obvious, the potter the one with the power and control. As the potter I have it within my power to do whatever I wish with the clay, I could make a vase, a plate or a mug; something I could use practically on a day to day basis or I could choose to mould it into some sort of show-piece. However, the quality and end result would hinge on my ability as a craftsman. It would soon be evident to all whether or not I knew what I was doing. When we look at the universe and creation, do you think God knew what He was doing? What an ingenious craftsman! No wonder Moses the author of the book of Genesis tells us that when God created the heavens and the earth and all that was in them, this is how He felt; “And God saw everything that he had made, and behold, it was very good...” (Genesis 1:31)

Now if I had made something I was not happy with, would I not have it in my power to break it up and start again? Of course I could! Why not! If I wanted a show-piece that would catch the eye of all my guests, I would want to get it just right and make it as perfect as I could, even if it took me numerous attempts to achieve my objective. But that would mean that if the clay had feelings, the first couple of attempts would be to their peril. That is ridiculous you may say clay has no feelings! Well said! Man and beast on the other hand do have feelings, but would that relinquish the Potter’s ability to start over if He chose too? The only reason they have feelings is because that is how they have been created, and therefore the Potter still has it in his power to start over if He so chose to do so. Why should He not want the best possible outcome for His showmanship? Do the created, because they now have feelings, have power to determine what the Creator should do? Obviously not! It is totally up to the One who wields the power! And if you reason with another mindset, then you reason as a fool!

But God, who is rich in mercy, did however take into account His sovereign will, His showmanship and His love for those whom he has loved. Remember the flood! This was a time in history when He nearly started over again. His creation had become so wicked and the thought were continuously evil. Why should He have not said enough is enough and destroyed all that I have created and started over? Does not the potter have it in His power to do exactly that! Of course He does! And although He had been captivated by sorrow, He may have written off mankind and all of creation, but He chose not to do that: “The LORD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every intention of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. And the LORD was sorry that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him to his heart. So the LORD said, "I will blot out man whom I have created from the face of the land, man and animals and creeping things and birds of the heavens, for I am sorry that I have made them." But Noah found favor in the eyes of the LORD.” (Genesis 6:5-8)

Here we see a beautiful glimpse of God’s character and His heart; this is why the Apostle John makes a statement like he does; “Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love.” (1John 4:8)

It is only when we come to grips with this truth, will we be free to serve Him with all our hearts. But if our lives are full of questions like, “why does God allow this.” Then we have not understood His heart in the matter. God is love and His heart is for all who fear Him and love Him in reverence, we must understand who He is and the power He wields in His hand. Do not think that if you reject Him as the creator and the One who has the power over life and death that you will escape His judgment. Noah found grace in the eyes of God and was saved from His judgment but do you think the rest of creation escaped? We know they did not! They were judged and all died in the flood. Do not think that if you neglect so great a salvation in and through the Lord Jesus Christ that you will escape his judgment, you will not and your end will be the Lake of Fire.

This is the heart of God; "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. (John 3:16)

But do not be fooled, if you reject His love you will face His wrath! Do not believe the lie that is bandied around that God loves everyone. Did He love those who were continually evil in the days of Noah? They died a treacherous death in the flood. So too will all who reject the work of our glorious Saviour on that cruel Roman cross end up with a treacherous death, hell will be their end! He will and can only ever love those that are covered by the blood of the Lamb. Repent I say and turn to Jesus and find forgiveness. This is the only out for those whom have been created, the Creator has so determined it! Whether the created feel this is right or wrong makes no deference as the Creator wields all the power and not the created. But what fascinates me about the goodness of the only true Creator is that He has made a way of escape for His creation in and though His beloved son, the Lord Jesus Christ. GOD IS LOVE!

I will leave you with this final thought; “The Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance.” (2Peter 3:9)

I plead with all to turn to Him and to find life!

Signing off

Tyrone

No comments: