The link to my book - Destroy and Deliver (Autobiography)

Sunday 31 July 2016

With thankfulness

It is with thankfulness that I approach the throne room of grace this morning. I thank God for the eye salve he gives to those who seek it out. There are various verses that spring to life because of it; in my case a verse like this is now coherent; “You ask and do not receive, because you ask wrongly, to spend it on your passions.” (James 4:3) – We are so tainted by sin that even after salvation our mind need to be completely rewired. When we pray in our closets are we still so self-centered that we remain the centre of our universe or have we learnt “to let go and let God”? If not our lives will remain with a constant variable, we will always clutching for straws. When we learn to put on the mind of Christ within the measure that God affords each of His children the shift in our understanding is enlightened and new doors are opened, never before considered and it is refreshingly quenching. Words penned in a book, the Bible springs to life and they beginning to mould our understanding with the mind of Christ, praise God for this marvellous miracle.

I prayed for God to take me deeper with my understanding in segregating the war that rages between the Spirit and my flesh and He obliged. I did not pray for a new house of a new car or the like. How would a new car aid me in my plight for holiness and the call that God has place on every believer to seek out His righteousness in our lives.

Unlock a certain truth and see how so many of God’s instructions begin to spring to life. To walk in the Spirit means we will have victory over our old natures, fact! How do I walk in the Spirit? I put on the mind of Christ. How do I put on the mind of Christ? I dress for battle. What do I wear? The amour of God; how often should I dress for battle? I need to put on the amour of God with this intent, to seek out God’s righteousness and I do this daily. Why do I need to follow this instruction with intent? “Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his might. Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil.” (Ephesians 6:10-11) - (also see versus 12-18) – He (the devil) is the one that will throw a thought of a new car into your minds and once swallowed, it will be pursued with great intent and we will lose out, not unlocking the simplicity, but depths to a particular truth. This has been the way he has waged war from the beginning, looking to twist the true intent of the teaching of scripture. We can spend so much time asking for things that will have no bearing at all in changing us into the likeness of our glorious Saviour, so James lets us have it straight from the hip; “You ask and do not receive, because you ask wrongly, to spend it on your passions.” Ask for something that will aid in our plight for holiness and the furtherance of the gospel in faith and buckle up as our beloved Heavenly Father graciously gives to those who ask Him for the right ingredient that glorifies His name.

The Lord Jesus taught us this; If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. By this my Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit and so prove to be my disciples.” (John 15:7-8) – Will a new car or house prove that I am a true disciple of Christ? Or will a life which is saturated with the mind of Christ speak louder?  
      
A man once blind and rebellious to the call of God on his life finding forgiveness as the reality of these words ringing true, “who saved a wretch like me”, but to venture even further and after once being saved to make so many blunders along the way, which was still not enough to keep him from the mercy of God, wow! How I love you my heavenly Father, thank you Lord Jesus for your intercession in my life and for your work Holy Spirit as you have brought me through so many trials and enlightened my understanding, your work has refined so many misaligned thoughts. And I owe it all to Jesus and His perfect work, bless your name my glorious Saviour, Amen!

Signing off

Tyrone

No comments: