The link to my book - Destroy and Deliver (Autobiography)

Friday 22 July 2016

To keep the faith

To keep the faith, to run the race and to finish well must be all of our intentions. This must be on top of the priority list or our goal in life list if you prefer. Not a fancy car or a mansion or a holiday in Tibet and to echo the words of Paul we would need this mind-set to constantly actively renew our minds; “Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one receives the prize? So run that you may obtain it. Every athlete exercises self-control in all things. They do it to receive a perishable wreath, but we an imperishable. So I do not run aimlessly; I do not box as one beating the air. But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified. (1Corinthians 9:24-27)  

God the Holy Spirit please continue to help me live, breathe and sleep the words of God; for they nourish my soul, and gives me a spring in my step. It’s the mundane things of life that looks to draw the life out of me. And yet it is the “mundane” which covers part of the call that God has place on my life.

Faithfulness is often tested in the “mundane”. We all crave differing things but always with a similar intent, what can I get out of it? The deeper I go on the subject of God’s will in my life and of the universe in general, I’ve observed this fact; God directs all in accordance with His will; it is His purposes that will come to fruition. Satan, sin and all that aligns itself with darkness looks to derail His plan; it is an obvious conclusion that God’s resolve shall be accomplished, so much so that every “t” shall be crossed and every “i” dotted, of this I am certain; and yet so much of my life pulls me in a different direction. Please forgive me my Lord and King; please continue to renew a right spirit within me, is my cry.

Faithfulness has its rewards, and for the Christian to play the self-righteous card is misaligned if not viewed correctly. The danger on either side of this reasoning is that when we say it’s all about the will of God, which it obviously is, the faithful shall have their reward when found to be authentic. There will be a vetting on the day of reckoning; “Judgement Day” shall reveal all the hidden deceit that has not been covered by the mercy of God. In other words those who are found faithful shall receive their rewards; “But, as it is written, "What no eye has seen, nor ear heard, nor the heart of man imagined, what God has prepared for those who love him"--” (1Corinthians 2:9)

From the beginning of time the covenant God made with men always had blessings attached to them, Abraham was singled out and a covenant was established and this was the promise; see-(Genesis 17) – a covenant always has a benefit attached to it, for if it didn’t, why on earth would we enter into one? It’s alright to want something out of Christianity so long as it is all about us upholding the will of God in that agreement; its not about money per say but the forgiveness of our sins, our once rebellious mind-set against God, which has now been mended in and through repentance. If we can get that right our lives will change, of this I am confident. And yet so few get it correct because there is so much of ourselves which still looks for dominance within this beautiful covenant of Christianity.  

If we do not understand the reason for the contract this is what often trips the person’s involved; the parable of the seed on rocky ground comes to mind; if it is only ever one-sided it will be found wanting and soon it shall be breached. Selfish gain will be the driving force that governs, a disaster waiting to unfold; salvation in Christ offers the once doomed and opportunity to escape the judgement that the devil and his fallen angels will receive; the Lake of Fire awaits all those who oppose God’s order. Christ came to die in the place of sinners, those blinded by their sin and the offer still stands; Christ died for the ungodly, you and me and the only way we will escape that pending judgement is to find forgiveness in and through the finished work of Lord Jesus Christ; God has offered us mercy, Jesus suffered on our behalf so that the now repentant believer may go free. But free to get it right, no longer about selfish gain but rather a laying down of our lives for one another, our side of the contract needs to be upheld, which in turn verifies our commitment to it. Salvation is a gift from God, but how will others understand this beautiful gift if we lock it up in the cloak "selfishness"?

Many will look to be covered by God’s forgiveness but in fact will be found wanting on that day, those who didn’t quite understand the contact we signed at salvation and the way we where are taught though scripture on what that truly means. It’s not enough to say we believe if in fact our lives are filled with hypocrisy. I know that at times I am guilty as charged, but as long as I have breathe and the storerooms of grace are opened to me, I will by the grace of God continue to seek it out regardless of the many mistakes that still befall me. Grumblings are not a favourable trait to have as a child of God, please forgive me Lord and continue to renew a right spirit in me.

Signing off

Tyrone

No comments: