The link to my book - Destroy and Deliver (Autobiography)

Wednesday 13 April 2016

A plea for prayer

(Proverbs 18:14)  “The spirit of a man will sustain his infirmity; but a wounded spirit who can bear?”

The condition of our hearts can grow weary as the pressures of life certainly want to take their toll on us at times. The trial of life tears away at our strength but only when our faith is misdirected. However with this truth surrounding our everyday circumstance it is almost impossible at times to walk victoriously when overshadowed with doubt. Everything in our lives must be fed with our hope in Christ, if not we will soon become very despondent. That is why it is imperative to daily set time aside to seek out God’s counsel for our lives. Miss a day or two and we will be swallowed up with so many unwelcomed thoughts that depression will seem to be in the driving seat and who can in themselves handle such torment?

God has shown all of mankind (both the saved and the heathen) that creation and all in it, hinges on seasons; “To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven: A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted; A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up; A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance; A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing; A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away; A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak; A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.” (Ecclesiastes 3:1-8)

There was a time where the Lord Jesus lived as a man on earth, where he died a cruel death being punished for someone else’s crime (the sins of mankind) but now that time has run its course, that season is over and our glorious Jesus is now alive and well risen from the dead and seated with His Father, our Father in heavenly places. Where His enemies will be made His footstool (still to happen) and where every knee will bow and confess Jesus as Lord, bless and praise His name now and forevermore, Amen!  

We all need to follow in His example and the throes of life will map that out for us. As for me I am hard pressed at present, understanding the obvious mistakes I have made along the way. But as God has mercy upon His children and teaches us right from wrong I am at a place where I see the importance of confession and the power of prayer working in cohesion. The Apostle James teaches us this very important lesson and it would be good for me to call upon his instruction at this time in my life; “And the prayer of faith will save the one who is sick, and the Lord will raise him up. And if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven. Therefore, confess your sins to one another and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working. Elijah was a man with a nature like ours, and he prayed fervently that it might not rain, and for three years and six months it did not rain on the earth. Then he prayed again, and heaven gave rain, and the earth bore its fruit. ” (James 5:15-18)

We always need to pay the price for our folly and at other times we will find the trial of life pressing in on us just because we need to grow in the good graces of our Lord. We must learn to trust and obey our Saviour as the wise Master Builder in our lives. But within the lessons of life we are also instructed to appropriate scripture into our lives. Therefore I call upon my brothers and sisters across the globe to please pray for me as the pressures of life begin to wear away at my spirit. I have been without permanent employment for many years now, not that I have suffered want in the form of food and shelter but times have been tough and I know if God my heavenly Father says “enough is enough” that the trial will pass, however not my will but His be done and yet I know that if I call upon you to pray for me at this time in my life with regards to a more perpetual job I would be extremely thankful. I confess my fault to my Christian family and the way in which I have squandered my monies over time I now need to right my wrongs and would appreciate an opportunity to find full time employment. Please pray for God to open a door that would in turn bring Him glory in this area of my life.

“Outward grievances are tolerable as long as the mind enjoys itself and is at ease. Many infirmities, many calamities, we are liable to in this world, in body, name, and estate, which a man may bear, and bear up under, if he have but good conduct and courage, and be able to act with reason and resolution, especially if he have a good conscience, and the testimony of that be for him; and, if the spirit of a man will sustain the infirmity, much more will the spirit of a Christian, or rather the Spirit of God witnessing and working with our spirits in a day of trouble. It is therefore wisdom to keep conscience void of offence.” (Matthew Henry) – I have been hard pressed with regard to the worries of unemployment for some time now, not that I have lost faith in my God, He has always remained faithful, bless His name now and forever more, Amen and Amen!

The pressure on my responsibilities as a Christian in this regard is reaching an almost unbearable point in my life, this season of uncertainty weighs heavy on my shoulders. I am persuaded all that is needed is for God to say “enough” and I will once again be able to play my part in this area of my life as a good steward. My cry is Father God please have mercy on me.

(Psalms 22:14)  “My heart is like wax; it is melted in the midst of my bowels.”

Our blessed Lord experienced a terrible sinking and melting of soul. “The spirit of a man will sustain his infirmity, but a wounded spirit who can bear?” Deep depression of spirit is the most grievous of all trials; all besides is as nothing. Well might the suffering Saviour cry to his God, “Be not far from me,” for above all other seasons a man needs his God when his heart is melted within him because of heaviness. Believer, come near the cross this morning, and humbly adore the King of glory as having once been brought far lower, in mental distress and inward anguish, than any one among us; and mark his fitness to become a faithful High Priest, who can be touched with a feeling of our infirmities. Especially let those of us whose sadness springs directly from the withdrawal of a present sense of our Father’s love, enter into near and intimate communion with Jesus. Let us not give way to despair, since through this dark room the Master has passed before us. Our souls may sometimes long and faint, and thirst even to anguish, to behold the light of the Lord’s countenance: at such times let us stay ourselves with the sweet fact of the sympathy of our great High Priest. Our drops of sorrow may well be forgotten in the ocean of his griefs; but how high ought our love to rise! Come in, O strong and deep love of Jesus, like the sea at the flood in spring tides, cover all my powers, drown all my sins, wash out all my cares, lift up my earth-bound soul, and float it right up to my Lord’s feet, and there let me lie, a poor broken shell, washed up by his love, having no virtue or value; and only venturing to whisper to him that if he will put his ear to me, he will hear within my heart faint echoes of the vast waves of his own love which have brought me where it is my delight to lie, even at his feet for ever.” (Charles Spurgeon)

“Peace to all of you who are in Christ.”

Signing off

Tyrone




     
  

     

No comments: