The link to my book - Destroy and Deliver (Autobiography)

Monday 21 April 2014

"MY"

“My” is such a self-centered word but it plays such a vital role in all of our lives…

Life is all about “my” wealth or the lack thereof, my car, my wife, my kids, my problems and so on. As I consider my life I am filled at first with many concerns about my current predicament, but when I stop and focus on what is of importance, not that I am saying that being jobless doesn’t way heavy on me, but when I put all things back into perspective all that really matters is that MY REDEEMER lives. That truth brings with it a sense of comfort! Faith and the wellbeing of me and my family are taken care of and all because of my hope in HIM! Without Christ and His sacrifice I would of all men be most miserable!

The consequence and the grind of life would certainly overtake me and although the weight at times can become unbearable, I am able to find solace in my hope of the resurrection. One day, in the not too distant future, I will forever be with my Lord and Saviour in a state of utopia.  I am not sure how some face the day without this living eternal hope, and there are many who have chosen not to bow the knee to the King of kings, for now anyway, but be assured of this one fact that there is a day coming where every knee will bow to the Lord Jesus and every tongue will confess Him as Lord! My God has so declared it!

Perspective is often forgotten, but we needn’t look far to have it re-established in our lives. To and from church yesterday, I must have passed at least 5 or 6 beggars looking for handouts. And yet I suffer a similar quandary as I too am jobless and yet I have food on my table, God being true to His Word; He looks out for His own.

I suppose we all get so caught up with “my” (our) lives that we at times can almost forget who we belong to. This morning I will not forget my Saviour, I will honour Him, for He alone is worthy of at the very least the praises of my lips. Men may conspire against me, they may even withdraw a helping hand, however no one is able to seal up my praise for my glorious King, praise the glorious name of Jesus. Of this one truth I am persuaded, when God decides that enough is enough, nothing can stay the mighty hand of “MY” God. He is the God of the impossible as we understand life with its laws.

I too then will echo the cry of David; “But you, O GOD my Lord, deal on my behalf for your name's sake; because your steadfast love is good, deliver me!” (Psalms 109:21) and if I am still to learn from the place of testing, give me the resolve to see it through. “My” own wants do not supersede your will for my life. Give me the strength to find the grace to endure sweet Jesus! I will therefore cast my life upon “my” living Lord. I know my redeemer lives! He does not only live out in the heavens somewhere but He surely lives within my heart. He is for me and not against me! “With my mouth I will give great thanks to the LORD; I will praise him in the midst of the throng.” (Psalms 109:30)

Signing off

Tyrone   


   



No comments: