The link to my book - Destroy and Deliver (Autobiography)

Wednesday 30 April 2014

"My God..."

As I reflect on a certain aspect of my Christian walk, it boggles the mind to think that the only true God is my God. I can with assurance ascribe God’s greatness with all His known brilliance and He is “My God”! However, how often do I actually call on the provision that is mine? How often do I cry out to Jesus Christ my Lord, my King, my Redeemer? Is He not my Saviour? He is, of a certainty, the One who died to save me from my sin and yet He is also a high priest who makes intersession for me, and also, all those who place their trust in Him. He is touched with my infirmities, in other words He feels my pain! That in itself is a phenomenal thought! Why do I take so little advantage of this great privilege that Christ affords me? It must have something to do with a lack of faith; no! I know it has to do with a lack of faith!

How often have I cried out unto my God asking for a certain resolve in a particular area of my life and then once that comes to fruition, why do I then grow weary of the outcome? It is all hinged together with the bonding glue of my faith in Him! “Faith toward God” must be my banner in life, without it I will have very little impact on those around me! With it brings a peace amidst the storms of life. As the wave beats violently down upon the rocks have you ever wondered how a clam is able to withstand the force as it clutches fast with an inexhaustible resolve? The greater the wave the stronger the bind! We must learn to mirror the clam! We will only ever learn this lesson through the trial of life; we must learn to trust our God! Write this truth deep within my heart Father God, my prayer is to have this settled once and for all! I ask because you allow me to ask and I am heard because Christ my great Saviour, your obedient Son, the darling of heaven has opened this door to me, praise His glorious name now and forever more!

When I think of the glories of Jesus and what He has done for me, my very soul cries out “HALELUJA”! Not only does my God reign throughout the universe but He most certainly reigns within my heart! Please add to my faith all the wonderful virtues found in Him! How I long to mirror my Saviour and His perfect example!

Look how our belated brother understood the privilege we have in “Our God”…

It is strange how little use we make of the spiritual blessings which God gives us, but it is stranger still how little use we make of God himself. Though he is “our own God,” we apply ourselves but little to him, and ask but little of him. How seldom do we ask counsel at the hands of the Lord! How often do we go about our business, without seeking his guidance! In our troubles how constantly do we strive to bear our burdens ourselves, instead of casting them upon the Lord, that he may sustain us! This is not because we may not, for the Lord seems to say, “I am thine, soul, come and make use of me as thou wilt; thou mayst freely come to my store, and the oftener the more welcome.” It is our own fault if we make not free with the riches of our God. Then, since thou hast such a friend, and he invites thee, draw from him daily. Never want whilst thou hast a God to go to; never fear or faint whilst thou hast God to help thee; go to thy treasure and take whatever thou needest-there is all that thou canst want. Learn the divine skill of making God all things to thee. He can supply thee with all, or, better still, he can be to thee instead of all. Let me urge thee, then, to make use of thy God. Make use of him in prayer. Go to him often, because he is thy God. O, wilt thou fail to use so great a privilege? Fly to him, tell him all thy wants. Use him constantly by faith at all times. If some dark providence has beclouded thee, use thy God as a “sun;” if some strong enemy has beset thee, find in Jehovah a “shield,” for he is a sun and shield to his people. If thou hast lost thy way in the mazes of life, use him as a “guide,” for he will direct thee. Whatever thou art, and wherever thou art, remember God is just what thou wantest, and just where thou wantest, and that he can do all thou wantest. (Charles Spurgeon)

Signing off

Tyrone

No comments: