The link to my book - Destroy and Deliver (Autobiography)

Wednesday 9 April 2014

Jesus, Jesus Lord to me...

Jesus, Jesus Lord to me; my Master and my Saviour you shall ever be! And to you alone shall I be, forever thankful. How great my sin and yet you knowingly died on a tree for me! Father my voice cries out to you, the all-knowing, and omnificent eternal God; my mind looks for reason to understand the WHY? In your mercies and yet as it grapples looking for concrete answers in order to settle it, I am left in awe, with my jaw hanging in downright amazement as these words now flash across my mind, “How majestically grand is my God and Father, His mercies are ever new and yet forever true. The depths of your grace unbearably sweet, men speak of “honey in the rock”, but that is trivial in comparison to your sweetness; “to get a touch from the Lord is so real”! Who else could bring a hard callous man to his knees, wiping bitter sweet tears from his face as the joy of the Lord floods his soul! To God the Holy Spirit, thank you for your gentle correction and for always revealing the truth for what it is; “Teach me your way, O LORD, that I may walk in your truth; unite my heart to fear your name.” (Psalms 86:11) 

As I have been covered by your mercies my Father, be merciful to those that I now pray for; Brett (Bandit), Terry, Paul (who has seen the light), Richard x2, Quinton and Ryan: - Salvation will bring turmoil to one’s life but only for a season, one will and must face opposition, no differently in some form to what the Lord Jesus faced here on earth. I speak from experience; it is the tough trials of life that begin to mold us into who the Lord has called us to be! Failing along the way will be part of our journey, but my God is greater than any opposition along life’s pilgrimage.  In fact, it is when most have given up on the abilities of mankind, when people have kicked them to the curb; this is often when my great God displays His brilliance in and through whomever He chooses to echo His glory.

It is never over until it is over!

While we have breath we have hope!

Look at Samson’s life, a man chosen of God, mighty in strength, and full of faith. And yet he had a weakness, woman his Achilles heel! Although he played the harlot once too often, although he toyed with the gift God had given him and although he ended up blind and the laughing stock of his enemy, Gods enemies! The bible teaches us; “that his hair began to grow”! He killed more of God’s enemies with his death than in his lifetime. Praise God! What of the prodigal son, the one who squanders all his inheritance on riotous living, the bible teaches us this, “that he came to his senses”. God restored him back into his family. What of Jephthah, the son of a harlot, banished from amongst God’s people and yet the same called on him when the cards were down. He was used to conquer the enemy! There are many other references we will find, when we dare to explore the wonderful mercies of my God! “Seek and you shall find; knock and the door will be open unto you.”

I may well be provoking you to jealousy with the continuous use of “my God”; good! For you to use the same phrase you would have to turn to Him in repentance calling for mercy and then you too can cry out, “my God!” David understood this like no other, the giant Goliath was but an aggravating mosquito in his sight, before he came crumbling to his knees. A Sheppard boy used by God to defeat a giant of a man! I am praying for you my friends, but there can be no short cuts, we must come Gods way, in and through the saving graces of Jesus Christ the only One who has the power to save. In order to be justified as a member in God’s army we must call on Him to be saved; so for those who call upon the name of the Lord the bible emphatically teaches that the caller shall be saved and will not die but live forever.

The trial of this life will rage on, but only for a season and then absolute bliss for the rest of eternity! Even so come quickly Lord Jesus…

How I bask in the One who died to save, to Him be glory now and forever more, Amen!

Signing off

Tyrone



        

No comments: