The link to my book - Destroy and Deliver (Autobiography)

Friday 16 September 2011

Why speak?


(Psalms 60:6)  “God has spoken in his holiness:”

Yesterday’s post seemed to create some stirs and it may have appeared to some that my blog is purely based on academia and not a personal living relationship with my great Saviour the Lord Jesus. As I have said many times in the past, if it had not been for my great Saviour’s patience with me throughout my life, I would be in some gutter begging bread. My life has been filled with so many foolish choices and yet He has never given up on me. Having said that, there is a time when we as Christians need to put off childish things and become men in Christ; “When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I gave up childish ways.” (Corinthians 13:11)   

What are my reasons for writing this blog, it was never about standing up to get noticed? I use to pen to a dairy on a daily basis or there about. But looking down at the pages was a little scary, as I am rather untidy and my spelling is not up to scratch, so even I battle to make out what I had just penned. Then I came across BlogSpot with grammar and spell check, what was I to do? It was a no brainer!

What and why then do I blog?

The what! Is whatever question I need an answer for, I either think on something or I see someone making a comment about biblical truths, I either agree or disagree and then I make it my business to search out the scriptures? Why do I do this? Because I need to find the answers for my life! We are dealing with eternal issues and if we get it wrong it will be tragic. And yes sometimes it gets very personal, it could never be any other way, as relationships are personal. Christianity is intimate; it is the greatest of love affairs. Our daily lives are filled with mystery, jubilation and even heartache at times, we have a great High Priest that is not only capable but willingly sympathizes with all of God’s children, praise His name!  

I then post these blogs in the hope that others may also find answers to their lives and deepen their relationship with the Lord Jesus. At times even my own emotions look to fight the answers I find in the Holy Scriptures, but I have learnt and am still learning that when I ignore those findings they are to my own detriment. Therefore emotions are vital but if they second guess the word of God, we need to seek out grace so that they may be trained in alignment to the Word of God.

It is all about locking hands as Christians so that we can by God’s Spirit and through God’s Word extinguish the fiery darts of the devil, he is a roaring lion that goes about seeking to devour those who stand upon the truth of God’s Word and he does this by challenging God’s Word.

I hope this helps you understand what and why I post these blogs.

Finally it must never be about our opinions if they are contrary to God’s Word. How will that ever help us? It won’t! We need to be fashioned and skilled by it! What then is my greatest concern in these last days? I would have to say the warning that the Apostle Paul give Timothy; “For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions, and will turn away from listening to the truth and wander off into myths.” (2Timothy 4:3-4) - I believe this verse has begun to gain momentum. How would we have known to be on the lookout for this error if we did not go to the Holy Scripture to help us understand? We have been told! It is now up to us to put on the armour of God to help us stand in defence against this error, pay attention to it and it will be well with our souls; ignore its warning at our own peril. It is all about holding and clinging to the never changing Word as our lives do depend upon it.

I leave you with this encouragement; “He must hold firm to the trustworthy word as taught, so that he may be able to give instruction in sound doctrine and also to rebuke those who contradict it.” (Titus 1:9)

This then is why I blog and consider so many voice in our world today that comes against God’s Holy Word.

Signing off

Tyrone
  

No comments: