The link to my book - Destroy and Deliver (Autobiography)

Friday 2 September 2011

Diversion Tactics!


(1John 2:21) “I write to you, not because you do not know the truth, but because you know it, and because no lie is of the truth.

And yet we lie to ourselves so often!

Why is it that we miss the obvious, I often focus on varying considerations and overlook the more serious contemplation. I do not want to undermine the importance of the role of dreams in our lives, but these considerations should have caused a greater urgency in me to explore the purpose of what these signs are actually saying. We get caught up in the signs instead of realising what the signs are for.

Signs and wonders proved the validity of the Lord Jesus; it proved that He is the Son of God!  If we therefore believe that today we are in the “last days” what then is it teaching us? It should create such urgency in our daily living that we wouldn’t get caught up in the hype of dreams, prophesy and the like but it should spur us onto a life of selflessness as the day of the Lord draws nigh. He is coming should be our cry! But is it I wonder! Or do we look to all these supernatural claims as the solution for daily living instead of leaning on the finished work of Calvary? I would suggest that many err on the side of error.

It is obvious that “your old men shall dream dreams”, the text teachers us this will happen, it is a no brainer! God’s Word never fails as it cannot lie! – “so that by two unchangeable things, in which it is impossible for God to lie, we who have fled for refuge might have strong encouragement to hold fast to the hope set before us.” (Hebrews 6:18)

Hang on for just a minute, I have just seen something of great importance, thank you Father God and thank you God the Holy Spirit for your enlightening revelation where and when you choose to reveal it.

I have had my eyes opened to another, if not the greatest of all the devils trickery and it revolves around the diversion in the essence of scripture.

Stay with me for just a little longer and I will explain. We see the obvious but instead of focusing on the kernel of truth, we tend to lean on a built mechanism that is triggered within our minds and we then suspiciously look to disprove something instead affirming it.

Why do I make such a statement? As I was now looking for some answers on this topic, I noticed that much attention is given to the importance of telling the truth. However, there are warnings that teach us that even when we believe we speak the truth we are liars. In other words there is a danger that we will go to such extremes when trying to make a point that we will even lie to be heard. And if we continue in this fashion even our conscience will be seared and we will become numb to the truth. Now this is quite a statement, but there is much truth to it! Look at what God did many years back; “For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who by their unrighteousness suppress the truth. For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them. For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse. For although they knew God, they did not honor him as God or give thanks to him, but they became futile in their thinking, and their foolish hearts were darkened. Claiming to be wise, they became fools. (Romans 1:18-22) 

Once again we need to look into the mirror; the Apostle John has this to say; “If we say we have fellowship with him while we walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth.” (1John 1:6) – If my life is filled with self and very little of my life belongs to the Lord, then I am a liar even though I believe I am not. If I continue in sin that grace may abound and lean on the hope of denial as my anchor, I am nothing but a liar. When I habitually practise the on-going destruction of sin as a daily pattern in my life, I am nothing but a liar! Therefore if no place is given to my life being led by the Spirit then I am also a liar.

Look at the strong words the Apostle Paul uses; “For the desires of the flesh are against the Spirit, and the desires of the Spirit are against the flesh, for these are opposed to each other, to keep you from doing the things you want to do. But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law. Now the works of the flesh are evident: sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries, dissensions, divisions, envy, drunkenness, orgies, and things like these. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law. And those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. If we live by the Spirit, let us also walk by the Spirit.” (Galatians 5:17-25)

Let me conclude by saying, instead of giving so much of our time to signs and wonder, let us rather seek holiness for our lives, let our resolve to walk in the Spirit. Do not be lured into the traps of Satan diversion tactics, as he is the master tactician. Let us be on the lookout for all those tainting lies in our lives, for if we scratch the surface we will not have to scrape deep to expose the error of it. May God help us to live godly in Him!

Signing off

Tyrone




No comments: