The link to my book - Destroy and Deliver (Autobiography)

Thursday 27 January 2011

Think!

(Ephesians 3:20) “Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us,”

We are often told in scripture to “think”; this word has a number of meanings, we could find ourselves using it to plot against or manipulate a position so that we "think" we will find favour from God. In other words we walk in the flesh by justifying ourselves by what we have achieved as opposed to what our Saviour achieved on our behalf, we “think more highly than we ort to think”, thinking in a boastful manner, assessing we are better than our brother as we have more understanding than he does, but to think with sober judgment, each according to the measure of faith that God has assigned, etc. So unless we understand what we should do when the Lord Jesus instructs us to “think”, we might skew the instruction. I may think that because I am seen by my brother in my persistent commitment to an application, then I will justify acceptance because of it, and yet there are areas in my life where I still walk as a slave. God can and will never be fooled, he sees the heart of His children, He knows our inner most secrets, He knows all things, and He also knows the begining from the end.

These are the things I need to think on; I need to ponder His magnificence, and I need to walk with respectful fear, with it constantly making inroads into my life. I must be changed from the inside out not from the outside in. It must be a work of the Spirit. Nevertheless, I must wrestle against the strongman in the areas of my life that he still controls. There are many areas that need changing in my life, my commitment, my attitude, my thankfulness and the list could go on and on. But I must also guard against depression, which is another great ally of Satan; he uses it skilfully to cast down all weak and struggling pilgrims. I need to be sober about all those points mentioned above, but before I am swallowed up by them, I must THINK on Christ and His achievements. My eyes must shift off self and onto to My Saviour, especially when I am downcast and feeble in the knees.

When we think on the Lord Jesus, our memory, affection, and understanding must be exercised on all the things which we had heard, tasted and handled. Christianity is a very personal experience, or at least it should be. God dealing with me in my individual circumstance and teaching me to observe whatsoever I need to pay attention to, so that I may be equipped to do His will. How often have I hashed this, but remember no matter how you feel, if you are still making a botch of the call God has placed on your life, remember this, “He who has begun a good work in you will complete it”. This is the point I look to make today, if we have sinned then we must confess our sin and seek out forgiveness from God. But we must not live in a state of remorse or worldly sorrow; this will only lead to death. Having done that we now need to forget those things that are behind and we need to press on as we THINK on the Lord’s achievements. Our minds need to be filled with life giving substance and if this then is the case in point, we will all begin to walk victoriously in the areas of our lives we so frequently fail in. This will be our lot in life when we Hold Him, and do not let Him go.

The word “ponder,” means to weigh. Make ready the balances of judgment. Oh, but where are the scales that can weigh our Saviour, there are none to be found. His riches and His mercies are immeasurable, they are beyond seeking out. I am floored every time I consider God’s mercy and grace, what a great God! If our understanding cannot comprehend, let our affections arrest; and if we battle to scope the Lord Jesus in the spirit with our thinking, let us clinch to Him in the arms of affection.

There is an inexhaustible fullness of grace and mercy in God, which the prayers of all the saints can never draw dry. Whatever we may ask, or think to ask, God is still able to do more, abundantly more, exceedingly abundantly more.

Signing off

Tyrone

No comments: