The link to my book - Destroy and Deliver (Autobiography)

Wednesday 5 January 2011

God For Us!

(Romans 8:31) “What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who is against us?”

When I consider what makes me tick, what drives me to do the things I do, I realize that I am constantly beating myself up as I lack the ability to be more Christ like on a daily basis. Some days are better than others, but they are never consistently the same. I accuse a lot more than I excuse. I appreciate that it must be this way in the context of on-going sanctification; our thrust must be to lay down our lives so that Christ may be formed in us. I just wonder how much of that driving force is from the flesh and not in the power of the spirit. If I really understood what it meant for the Lord Jesus to free me from sin and death, would I live the life I now lived? So many of us get caught up with the beggarly weakness of life as we run with the masses and are driven by all the same goals unbeliever clutch too.

May God help us be more like the saints of old, might we be willing to wander in sheep’s clothing, homeless and in the Wilderness if need be. I am not suggesting that we look for extra trials; life has enough to contend with! It is our perceptions to life that worries me, family and friends alike all seem to be caught up with the same mundane drive of life, work education, and death cover. What about all the great examples that God chose to show us through His Word, the Bible! We look at the great faith chapter and we see the praises the writer gives to His people, Rahab the harlot, Samson is also mention and what about a man named Jephthah who sacrificed his daughter for the cause of God. When these great warriors of God are mentioned, often I hear people highlighting their faults, but when I read God’s faith chapter I see Him praising them. What have you done for God lately? I ask that question to provoke you, not to push you into your shell and to be filled with worldly sorrow that leads to death, but rather to urge you to be great for God, to walk in His victory, to remember what He was willing to do for all of His siblings. If Christ laid down His life for us, then it could never be unreasonable for God our Father to ask us to present our bodies unto Him so that He may shape and mold us into the image of His beloved Son, the One who pleased His father well! We must begin to believe that He is for us and not against us. HE IS, FOR US! When we begin to raison d'ĂȘtre correctly we will see the things of this world growing strangely dim as the hope of heaven begins to grow into something so beautiful, that we will be willing to lay down our lives and not be so caught up with conforming to this world. For the day is soon approaching were we will stand shoulder to shoulder with Samson, Rahab and Jepthah in the New Jerusalem, Do you believe this? I certainly do! I will however confess that when people look at my life and my ensample do they really say without doubt that they can see that I believe this? Does my daily life speak of Christ and my hope? I know I am found wanting in many areas, having said that though, I will press toward the mark of the high calling which can only be found in Jesus Christ my Lord. Although I have made many mistakes and I will continue to make mistakes, I will forget all that is behind me, yet I will above all remember that if my God is for me, who then can be against me. Praise His glorious name!

“What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who is against us?”

Signing off

Tyrone.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

phooooooooooooood!
nice blog

Anonymous said...

Lost

Tyrone said...

The great shepherd will find you call out and He will rescue! He is the Great Shepherd!