The link to my book - Destroy and Deliver (Autobiography)

Sunday 30 January 2011

Remembering Him!

(1Corinthians 11:24) “And when he had given thanks, he broke it, and said, "This is my body which is for you. Do this in remembrance of me."

There must come a time in a believers life when we must conclude that it is now the time to get rid of a particular evil habit, while we cry out to God the Spirit for help in our time of need.

As Spurgeon once put it: “Spread your sail; but remember what you sometimes sing-

“I can only spread the sail;

Thou! Thou! must breathe the auspicious gale.””

But in faith believing that God will act in grace and be full of mercy. We will know when it is time, as the rustling of the trees seem a lot crisper to the ear. We will sense the presence of the Almighty as He breathes upon our infirmity. We will know that God will finally deliver us from the “clutches of habit” and after so many enslaving years in a particular area, we will be set free. The gale of deliverance is at hand but we must make sure we do not miss the passing wind. Our sail must not miss the gust for want of preparation for it. Today is a day like that, we have communion today, how thankful I am for the privilege of examining myself to see if I be in the faith.

“But if we judged ourselves truly, we would not be judged.” (1Corinthians 11:31)

My thoughts are driven to the Lord’s Prayer and the reminder of what the Lord Jesus said to us about prayer; “forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors.”

Have I been walking circumspectly before my heavenly Father? If my answer is no, then I am afforded the opportunity to judge myself. The reason I must judge myself, is to free me and liberate me en route for my responsibility I have toward God, so that I will not be judged with the world or by God as I have already honestly judged myself! It is in God the Fathers goodness that He affords all His children this opportunity. But I urge us all; let us not miss this prospect, as it is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of an angry God. I must acknowledge my fault, my evil habit or any unkindness to a brother; wherever I lack confession asking God for forgiveness, I pray that my mind would burn with conviction exposing my heart, which in turn will then aid me in finding deliverance. However, I must in the same breathe remember what it cost the Lord to die on that cruel Roman cross for me. I must remember His Death! How do I do that? I must remember to break bread and drink from the cup of the vine; “For as often as you eat this bread and drink the cup, you proclaim the Lord's death until he comes.” (1Corinthians 11:26)

I must not forget to seek help from God, to be found more earnest in duty when made stronger in faith; we must all be more constant in prayer when we have more liberty at the throne; When God’s forgiveness passes over us, may we understand its magnitude and delivering power, may our sail that now flaps in the gentle breeze embrace the gust of wing of God as it passes by with healing in its hand. What would be the purpose of this embrace? Its purpose would be to enable us to live holier in our conversation whilst we live more closely with Christ, Glorifying our heavenly Father.

I remember the mirror today and as I look into it, many blemishes are visible to the naked eye. Yet in faith I recall that I am not justified by my own works but by the work that Christ accomplished on Calvary.

I must look for forgiveness through repentance, drinking from the cup of the vine and eating the bread which symbolises the death of the Lord Jesus, and we must do it as often as we would remember Him. That should be every minute of every day, but that is not how this ordinance plays out, however today is a day where we will as a congregation remember Him, and I too will remember Him! Praise the name of Jesus for He alone has accomplished His entire Fathers will. To Him alone will we bow our knees, Amen!

Signing off

Tyrone

No comments: