The link to my book - Destroy and Deliver (Autobiography)

Tuesday 21 September 2010

Reflection

Of late I am looking into the mirror a lot more than I did in time past, and the truth be told it is not a pretty site. There was a time where I force myself to ignore my actions and pretend I was an actor in my own movie, “The destruction of Tyrone”. I know that seems somewhat extreme, but is it, when you or I ignore Gods word and His instruction, who suffers? It is the one who disregards God’s instruction. But there comes a time in a believer’s life when he can no longer ignore Gods voice in certain areas of his life. He/she must stop pretending or acting and find grace and obtain mercy in wisdom and look to put off all that defiles, whatever that may be. This is a continual battle, but the time for excuses is over.

Spurgeon puts it like this, “We cannot see any reason in ourselves why the Lord should take pleasure in us; we cannot take delight in ourselves, for we often have to groan, being burdened; conscious of our sinfulness, and deploring our unfaithfulness; and we fear that God’s people cannot take much delight in us.”

However, (Mar 9:47) “and if thine eye cause thee to stumble, cast it out: it is good for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, rather than having two eyes to be cast into hell;” I think it is a healthy thing to reflect on life looking into the mirror, remembering that it is self examination and not self justification excusing ourselves and accusing others. If I am doing that, then once again, it will be circle time for me. I will not go on and more will not be given to me. The lesson must be learnt before I can go on. I understand that we all differ in our trails, yet although they differ in appearance they all have the same objective, to get us to walk in the flesh and not in the spirit. Remember God’s instruction in Galatians 5:16; But I say, walk by the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.” All these blessed truths are to teach us what to do and how to live, they are not meant to be a yoke and burden us. If that is how we decide to reason, then we have not understood the purpose of God’s word. The purpose of God’s word is to free us with liberty to serve Him and glorify His name. That was the whole purpose of Calvary and our blessed Redeemers sacrifice. Remember the enemy, our flesh and the devil. They were both defeated by the Lord Jesus on a cross, on a hill called Golgotha. It was there that the Lord defeated sin and made a way for all those who would believe. Praise His name.

Why then do we as God’s children so often suppose that we can outsmart His word? We cannot, we will not and if we ignore it there will be consequences. Remember for every action there is a reaction. May we find grace and obtain mercy in our endeavours to become more and more like our Saviour. May we cast aside the bushel that hinders His Light? May our light so shine, let your good works be such, that when men look upon you, they shall know that you have been with Jesus. Our light must be a light for sinners by proclaim Christ crucified, we must take the gospel to them, we must put it in their way, and they must hear and not escape. Blow the trumpet of Christ’s sacrifice for sin in their ears and do not let your feeble minds reckon that he or she will never be saved. I have also been guilty of thinking like that, but once again the word sheds light and trims our sails and we once again find direction. (Luke 5:32) “I am not come to call the righteous but sinners to repentance.”

Signing off

Tyrone

No comments: