The link to my book - Destroy and Deliver (Autobiography)

Sunday 30 August 2015

Trimming the sail

Throughout our lives it is never easy to face death as it is a constant reminder of our volatility. Growing up I never liked the thought of it, especially when it was someone close to home. But as life rolled on and I had now understood something far deeper than our carnal deaths as eternal life had now become the pressing issue, heaven or hell was the question I now faced, with that realized, could I have done more with the gospel message prior to that person's death? Sadly the answer is yes, I was found wanting…

I should have spoken out to my father, Nonna (grandmother) and others at a particular given time, but I didn’t! Here today and gone tomorrow; there are many accounts of regret with this reality alive and well. I am sure I am not alone with these types of thoughts…

Death attached to the reality of that person’s future existence had now become an overarching burden that would vex my soul. Whether I was walking obediently or in rebellion to the call that God had placed on my life, somehow I felt responsible. Have you ever had a burning desire to share the gospel with someone but for some reason held your peace? Has circumstance which is often attached to sin kept you silent? On reflection I do have regrets with the way I once behaved under the banner of Christianity, shame on me is the conclusion. But by the grace of God I will no longer live under the power of that death, for my Saviour has conquered death; “Since therefore the children share in flesh and blood, he himself likewise partook of the same things, that through death he might destroy the one who has the power of death, that is, the devil, and deliver all those who through fear of death were subject to lifelong slavery.” (Hebrews 2:14-15)

If you have similar thoughts it may just be time for you to forgive yourself and let your mistakes go for God is thankfully in the process of restoration in so many areas of my life; I will always be indebted to Him and yet never be able to pay Him back. “Jesus in my place”! How thankful I am to my God, Father, the precious love of my life, my hero, the Lord Jesus Christ, the one who bled and died for me, giving me eyes to see, what a privileged man I am and all of this in spite of me, WOW! We serve a great God! God is love personified, God laid down His life for me, once an enemy of the cross and yet now I am a confederate with ability to sing praise to my God and Father, bless His name! ALL HAIL KING JESUS!

Within the bounds of life it is important to trim our sails from time to time. To sit back and examine our lives and the paths we are on, have we even veered off course; if by one degree today how far gone will we be a year from now if our rudder is not corrected? We have been given a guarantee, God the Holy Spirit is our compass who will keep us on track and teach us along the way. We have the Spirit of God, we have His Word, the Bible and we have our brothers and sisters in Christ. All of these are interwoven helps that we need to pay very careful attention to. Today may just be the time to be still and to listen, waiting with eager anticipation to hear the still voice of God as He speaks to us through His Son, our Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ, through the penned words of scripture. The Bible is our reference and that must never change. We must cling to it for our lives do depend upon SOUND DOCTRINE. There are many false messages being bandied around Christian circles but they will eventually all end in ruin. God will not tolerate lies especially when it involves Him and His perfection. He will never tolerated misrepresentation, if you doubt what I say; read the book of Job and this will soon become evident.

What about me, my commitment and the lack of it in so many areas of my life? I suppose we all have our weaknesses that always looks to rob us of our victory in Christ, the cares of this life press hard on all of us as they look to drive us towards unbelief, however I will trust in my God for I know the end result for God has shown it to me. Heaven is just around the corner, a place of tranquility, where hope will be a distant memory. There is a day coming where all of God’s children will take up their places in heaven and "Behold, the dwelling place of God is with man. He will dwell with them, and they will be his people, and God himself will be with them as their God.” Faith will no longer be required for we shall see Him as He is, Wow! Hope will no longer be needed for we shall have arrived, but love will endure forever when we understand the magnitude of God’s commitment to sinful man who by the grace of God has found repentance as a way of life.

What I find very interesting is the understanding that Paul the Apostle had with God’s patience towards his children. It is obvious that Paul was a man that was totally committed to the call that God had placed on his life, he most certainly led from the front and yet he still pens these words; it would be good to commit this lesson to our lives and to follow suite when dealing with our brothers and sisters in Christ. Here is the instruction; “And we urge you, brothers, admonish the idle, encourage the fainthearted, help the weak, be patient with them all.” (1Thessolonians 5:14)

Signing off

Tyrone


     


  

No comments: